Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello what's up with SA article on 12% sales decrease? ?

The shorts are freaking out right now... This guys pulled estimates out of his bum. He ignores the fact that there is a big asterisk next to tesla on the Autodata chart that says Estimated. Then attributes the change the autodata numbers is due to demand when we all know it's due to European production/deliveries. Though when I pointed these facts on SA, my comment was deleted for being "offensive".

Of course if shorts like this guy had actually taken a bit of time to listen to the shareholders report or actually read this forum he wouldn't have wrote such a poor post... But desperate people take desperate actions... Seriously, If demand is down 12%, then why does TSLA keep selling their service center loaners???

If demand was so low, would this guy really be trying to sell his 40kw for 69,999 ? Me thinks not.
Untitled.jpg

Has anyone ever written a short article that makes logical sense? I would be interested in reading one, because none of this makes any sense.
Definitely the valuation of TSLA at this time is questionable - given all the things that have to go right in the next few years for the valuation to be correct. But you won't see such an article since people who know the industry well enough want Tesla to be successful ....

1) * Teslive is this weekend
2) Elon confirmed Tesla is seeing demand of 80k - 100k units for the Model S + Model X.
3) Elon's comment about "Selling every type of vehicle"

This is likely why Tesla rallied this week, and could easily rally higher next week.

Anyone else holding into earnings?

Last edited:
1) * Teslive is this weekend
2) Elon confirmed Tesla is seeing demand of 80k - 100k units for the Model S + Model X.
3) Elon's comment about "Selling every type of vehicle"

This is likely why Tesla rallied this week, and could easily rally higher next week.

Anyone else holding into earnings?

I am holding through earnings ... bought sept calls for this purpose . Expecting a great earnings call

Seems like there was an enormous trade (1.1 million shares) just into extended trading hours -

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/time-sales?time=0

(i.e. someone sold that many... and someone else bought that many)

That was almost certainly due to a NASDAQ-100 ETF's (QQQ) need to include TSLA before it enters the index on Monday morning. Notice that something similar happened with ORCL, which is being removed from the index due to its jump to the NYSE this coming Monday: Time and Sales - Intraday Stock Last Price History for Oracle Corporation (ORCL)

Apparently the ETF had agreements with one or two parties to trade TSLA and ORCL immediately after the bell at the closing prices.

Last edited:
That was almost certainly due to a NASDAQ-100 ETF's (QQQ) need to include TSLA before it enters the index on Monday morning. Notice that something similar happened with ORCL, which is being removed from the index due to its jump to the NYSE this coming Monday: Time and Sales - Intraday Stock Last Price History for Oracle Corporation (ORCL)

Apparently the ETF had agreements with one or two parties to trade TSLA and ORCL immediately after the bell at the closing prices.

Does this mean all the NASDAQ 100 index funds have already picked up their TSLA position, or are there still more that need to get some on Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.