Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really starting to freak out here and I so want to sell and get the hell out of this. I keep reading things like "someone knows something we don't" and things like that. Like I've said before I'm a newbie at this, but isn't it unusual for a stock to drop 14% in one day without anything really to cause it to do so? I just need to try to understand what's going on and why.

Jeff

Don't panic, hold your shares.

I don't think it's time to freak out. Everybody knows the stock was due for a correction right? It's had an insane runup...

The people who bought high are freakin out just a as people who bought at 110 month ago were freaking out when it went down to $87... Again, after such a huge drop in a single day if I were CEO I'd come out and say some to soothe investors if in fact there is nothing fundamentally changed in the business to the negative...

So, your set up scenario leads you to believe to stay long or this is buying opportunity? I have a low ball order in right now. I am long. Good, game changing product with good growth prospects. This may be a large 'speed bump' in the road...maybe even a couple more speed bumps over the next few days but ultimately it is not a cliff.

This is the same feeling I had when I bought in at 60. It was also the same feeling I had when I bought Apple at 80 and foolishly sold at ~100. Good product and good management. I'm long.

This is the same feeling I had when I bought in at 60. It was also the same feeling I had when I bought Apple at 80 and foolishly sold at ~100. Good product and good management. I'm long.

I am a newbie, bought in @118 so, yeah, getting a bit nervous, but i agree with you completley. I believe in the company for the same reasons you listed. Elon is a key factor for me for hanging in too. Some people call us a cult, but they miss the point. I trust him and his vision not because of a irrational worship, but for extremely rational reasons. He is a brilliant engineer so he knows his product and his company. He has proven himself as a CEO by hiring a great team who built this product and factory from scratch, delivering on time, and making money. Oh, and by the way he did this at least 3 times now. So yes, i believe in the fundamentals and the future for rational reasons. Having said that, as I'm sure it is with the rest of you as well, my heart is in this too.

The past two days I had been advising to put in stops. at 10% from the high of 133ish. Most people here thought I was crazy. I also was advocating buying puts as insurance. I bought Aug 20 puts 80 strike for .30 Today they are close to 2$ That is almost a 400% gain. My stops executed today at 124$ I held 25 shares just for posterity sake. Now I bought 120 Sept calls since they are 50% less today than Friday. Took my profits and waiting a day or so to go and buy MORE SHARES than I owned before. You don't have to be a day trader......just smart and protect yourself with stop loss sale. my guess from here? Goldman made a killing, now will go in and buy up and hope for great 2nd qtr and return back to 133 and higher. Thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Watch out, don't catch the falling knife.

Yep was preaching that on Thursday and Friday.....put in your stops then or sell. and come in Monday and buy back more at less price.

I agree with everything but I want MORE shares and to INCREASE my holding in TSLA taking profit instead of being a "pig and being slaughtered" as Cramer says is foolish. The only way in increase shares is to sell at parabolic highs like Friday and buy back today or later in the week for substantially less but more shares. and then repeat . and repeat.

I agree with everything but I want MORE shares and to INCREASE my holding in TSLA taking profit instead of being a "pig and being slaughtered" as Cramer says is foolish. The only way in increase shares is to sell at parabolic highs like Friday and buy back today or later in the week for substantially less but more shares. and then repeat . and repeat.

This type of drop is rare, besides when Rawlinson left the company. If the bleeding stopped at 123 and went back up you wouldn't have been able to buy more shares, which has happened many more times than a 15% drop.

Ha ha. Went on holiday abroad today and just now got Wifi access. Saw the ticker and thought there was some technical glitch due to the hotel's wifi, but then saw the GS price target. I call BS. I don't for a second believe that the investment and analyzis branches don't talk amongst themselves. GS or individuals with inside info from GS made millions today from stocks and options.

My guess: GS know Q2 will be profitable. There is nothing really wrong with the research note but the timing gives the whole thing away. Clearly a set up. Of this I'm near 100% certain. I'm buying calls today, lots of 'em, fir cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.