Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow I thought you guys were joking about $200, u did put that to test?

To go after this kind of Otm calls, you have to be impeccable in timing, and incredibly lucky, or truly know something that nobody else know.

I do know someone bought $.14 call in Q1, and ride it all the way up to $14. He must be :). reading this.

But if that is your goal, You're bound to lose all your money. Those feats can not be repeated.

Placed with a stock price of 135 yesterday. Still down huge today despite a 15% gain. Very small position, more of an experiment. As with most, did not end very well, but lessons learned :0)

Comparing the two day-afters again. we are doing fine in comparison:
hourly.JPG
hourly2.JPG

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements

AustinEV, is the past hourly chart available stockschart.com?

I used to have td's strategydesk. It has all 1 minute quote for the last 2 years. But the tool is being replaced.

I am using thinkorswim. Anyone know they have 1 minute quote for the last year, not just daily quote?

Looking good. Manage to get a good chunk of those inflated call premiums for the Aug 165, Sept 170 and 180 in the first 15 min. Made a deal with myself to set a good chunk of cash aside (can't keep going all-in forever) but as I saw the price holding steady above 150 and with the Aug OTM time-values dwindling took up new positions in the 170 and 190 strikes. Can't look back now!

Still trying to comprehend this - just 6% up from the ATHs a few days ago, after that ER, the second consecutive profitable quarter, etc, etc. I am sorry, but I will be buying here

There was a runup that priced in a pretty good quarter. There was generally a very bullish sentiment (regardless of analysts' tempered expectations). I'm not saying it won't pop more, but you already got a good serving of cake before yesterday's announcement. ;-)

More comparisons:

May 6th: Close: 60
May 7th: Close: 55
May 8th: Close: 55
May 9th: Low 63, High 75, Close 69.

So:
May 9th low compared to May 8th close was up 14%, but compared to May 6th was only up 5%.
August 8th low compared to August 7th close is up 13%, but compared to August 6th is only up 6%.

Do keep in mind that Elon started doing a bunch of announcements soon after, not the least was the tease of "Faster than a gas station" tweet that day, as well as the consumer reports article that came out.

So we need some significant Elon announcement and a good article rating Model S number 1 at something...

So we need some significant Elon announcement and a good article rating Model S number 1 at something...[/QUOTE]

Right on que, NHTSA crash tests, give Model S 5 star ratings all around! Monday Elon puts out Hyperloop proposal. While not directly related to Tesla, likely to create a publicity pop!

Great quarter. I bought September calls yesterday as we got the dip we needed. Doing well, hopefully there's a steady march up the next couple weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm tempted by the weekly 160 calls. I'm still away so won't be able to really react, but it isn't out of the question TSLA makes a gain above 160 over the next 2 days...

And at like .90, it's a pretty cheap gamble to pick up a few of those contracts. Not in the cards for me right now, but is interesting as short term IV has leveled off.

Hyperloop plans Monday??? Could be a catalyst, esp. if somehow connected to Tesla.

BTW guys: we've already spent too long in the 150's, right ;)

I really hope you're continuing your options plays with smaller amounts. There will at some point be a change from today's massively optimistic sentiment. (And by that I mean what the stock price says, not what a lot of pundits are saying - there is no question that today's sentiment is incredibly optimistic and ignores the risk factors). I don't want to see anyone get slaughtered even as the company as a whole is successful.

I'm long since $34 and am a pure buy-and-hold investor, but this price level gives me pause. Long term I am very bullish on Tesla and the earnings call was reassuring, but the stock price is getting ahead of itself. The Barclays report captures a lot of my feelings, but I'm getting the impression that the forum readers who skimmed it are ignoring the risk factors which are very clearly pointed out.

Believe the stock price, not the pundits. $143 before earnings is a very clear statement that many investors not on this forum assumes that everything will be smooth from here on out. I strongly doubt that it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.