Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In discussions with several family and friends today it appears there are many people that want to jump in to buy TSLA. It has been discussed that this may bode well for holding the line on any serious price drops. Appears that everyone that I know has an entry point of anything under 180 so I hope that is a place of support. Personally, barring a black swan event I don't know if we will see that level again but this company and stock continues to defy logic/normal price valuations.

In discussions with several family and friends today it appears there are many people that want to jump in to buy TSLA. It has been discussed that this may bode well for holding the line on any serious price drops. Appears that everyone that I know has an entry point of anything under 180 so I hope that is a place of support. Personally, barring a black swan event I don't know if we will see that level again but this company and stock continues to defy logic/normal price valuations.

To me this is a bad sign. When everyone wants to get in, that's a sign of a top.

Are they wanting to get in for long or just to make short term profits? Honestly, I would love to see a little pullback into the mid-170s to low-180s range so that we have a nice base and support building up 4 weeks before Q3 earnings.

Are they wanting to get in for long or just to make short term profits? Honestly, I would love to see a little pullback into the mid-170s to low-180s range so that we have a nice base and support building up 4 weeks before Q3 earnings.

These are 'longs'. I would also like to see a pull back as I look at it as an opportunity to buy more TSLA before it takes off again.

How is that? People I have talked to also wants to get in at a dip, thats what creating our support.

But are they in now and looking to add more? Or are they getting in for the first time and just looking for an entry point?

Lots of dumb money comes in at the ends of bull runs which usually signifies a top. If I see Tesla on the cover of Time Magazine, it's time to sell! :)

But are they in now and looking to add more? Or are they getting in for the first time and just looking for an entry point?

Lots of dumb money comes in at the ends of bull runs which usually signifies a top. If I see Tesla on the cover of Time Magazine, it's time to sell! :)

It's the dumb money and chasers that he is referring to. If you have people who don't understand the markets recommending stocks, it's a Sign to get out. I actually haven't heard too much yet. Tesla is still misunderstood, but I am thinking there will be a pullback and definitive shorting at these levels.

.... If I see Tesla on the cover of Time Magazine, it's time to sell! :)

elon-final.jpg

I got in at $35 with very small amount but rapidly growing as it is proven right. My overall gain up to date should be ~15x.

You see the pattern? Would love to see others started at $40s, $50s... to chime in.

In at $34, on average. Hedged at $153. ;) Unfortunately I didn't buy Dec 13 $40 calls instead of stock, didn't even have an options account. Could have retired by now like the rest of you could...

I'll take a 1-day drop to unload my 190 puts. My first option buy (well, aside from LEAPS), was apparently not a good one. TSLA decided to just stay at the top of the rising channel this time rather than bounce around. I still have a couple weeks, but the higher it goes the less likely the drop will be enough to undo my losses.

Strange. I asked my augur and was told to harvest a little profit today. Due to time zones and my bank closing, I put in a limited order to sell and have been watching nervously. The deal just went through, about a dollar up from Friday closing.

But the Nasdaq real-time page shows "market closed" from time to time! Is that just another glitch like that Thursday outage last month, or is something else going on here? Funny thing is, it keeps updating the price. From just now:

192.22 1.32
greenArrowSmall_tp.gif
0.69% data as of 9/30/2013 Market Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.