Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should have bought more puts. I was hovering over the buy button but chickened out. Oh well, today is a wash for me so far. Hopefully we'll be heading down to the bottom of the channel now. I want to load up for earnings.
Maybe those 190s we bought last week will break even. It usually takes a few days to reach the channel bottom it looks like, which I think would be in the 185ish range. Is there a way to get a rough guess at what the puts would be worth at that point? I figured I'd pull in a limit order to close the puts, but I'm not sure how to figure out what a reasonable limit is (especially since options vary with time and stock price).

I should have bought more puts. I was hovering over the buy button but chickened out. Oh well, today is a wash for me so far. Hopefully we'll be heading down to the bottom of the channel now. I want to load up for earnings.

I bought a few weekly puts yesterday, looks like it is paying off. Tough decision to pull the trigger and buy, so I get your hesitation :smile: Where do you see a good level to load up?? I exited my shorter positions after the DB upgrade and its been killing me to see the run up to 190+. I've got my cash ready to build a position!! Just have to be patient~ easier said than done!

I took the opportunity to buy back the short calls I have. They've been under water until now. This is one of few times that I have no hedge. Don't feel balanced so I need to re-establish the short call soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to $191, looks like roaring back.

I could've made it even by now for today, or very close. However some strange things happened that there was some errors.

Well, bugger. Guess it's not going to follow its channel pattern after all.

Remember that every day that passes the top line of the channel moves up. We can pick up a little each day without leaving the channel, just like we skipped along the bottom of the channel not that long ago.

That said, I don't think that is going to happen. I think we've seen the highs for this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.