Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can there be 88% institutional holdings when musk holds high 20% and other insiders need to be included
Can be thanks to a huge amount of shares sold short (every short sold stock is actually sold twice, and thus counts twice). So the float is well above 100% (127% or so I believe).
Not saying the citron numbers are accurate (don't know honestly), but just saying that technically it's absolutely possible, especially with a high-short-interest-stock like tesla.

Last edited:
Can be thanks to a huge amount of shares sold short (every short sold stock is actually sold twice, and thus counts twice). So the float is well above 100% (127% or so I believe).
Not saying the citron numbers are accurate (don't know honestly), but just saying that technically it's absolutely possible, especially with a high-short-interest-stock like tesla.

+1

No reason to get emotional over negative articles on TSLA.

Did you guys know about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91F7oyWDb8 I know there were Teslas heading for Norway onboard, just dont know how many.

Well, that is seriously unfortunate. While listening to the video, I heard the voice over mention "batteries" on board, and thought maybe that's why you posted this. After re-reading your post, I realized you said there were Model S's on this train. Norse, where did you hear that there were Tesla's aboard? Can anyone else confirm, and if so how many?

Well, that is seriously unfortunate. While listening to the video, I heard the voice over mention "batteries" on board, and thought maybe that's why you posted this. After re-reading your post, I realized you said there were Model S's on this train. Norse, where did you hear that there were Tesla's aboard? Can anyone else confirm, and if so how many?

There is a guy on the norwegian Tesla Owner Club forum saying that someone from Tesla Norway called him about this. He said his Tesla was onboard that traincrash. And he was not the only one.
Second. If that crash was at september 22, that means Europen cars will be in transit in Q3. However, Tesla Norway has said alot less cars will be delivered in October then September. This guy might be an exception since his
car was originally shipped with the wrong options earlier.
Planned delivere in Norway was october the 18th.

"All 42 cars that went off the tracks were flat cars loaded with ocean-going containers. Those containers had everything from electronics to batteries to apparel and other consumer goods loaded in them, Davis said." http://www.theindependent.com/news/...cle_7699a94c-240f-11e3-af42-0019bb2963f4.html

- - - Updated - - -

Man shorts will do anything to stop Tesla these days! :tongue:

I have never shorted TSLA, I have never even hedged.

Last edited:
12 years working for Norfolk Southern and Union Pacific shipping finished vehicles.

1) finished motor vehicles are NEVER shipped on flat cars, or in cargo containers.

2) finished motor vehicles are shipped in autorack railcars that have cushioned couplers. This prevents damage to vehicles in transit.

3) overseas shipments are sent to the port by autorack railcars, unloaded at/near port and then loaded in cargo containers for shipment.

A derailment would back up UP auto train coming from California and delay shipments. As far as any Tesla automobiles being on this derailed train is NOT likely.

12 years working for Norfolk Southern and Union Pacific shipping finished vehicles.

1) finished motor vehicles are NEVER shipped on flat cars, or in cargo containers.

2) finished motor vehicles are shipped in autorack railcars that have cushioned couplers. This prevents damage to vehicles in transit.

3) overseas shipments are sent to the port by autorack railcars, unloaded at/near port and then loaded in cargo containers for shipment.

A derailment would back up UP auto train coming from California and delay shipments. As far as any Tesla automobiles being on this derailed train is NOT likely.

Tesla's cars are not being shipped 'whole'. Specifically they are shipped sans battery. Could this not make a difference in how they are shipped?

The Federal Railroad Administration might view shipping Teslas differently than ICE because of gasoline. That could be why they ship the battery packs separately.

Times are changing..

My understanding is that it has to do with cost of shipping/taxing separately vs whole. In that it's cheaper to ship the cars without their batteries and then to reassemble on that side of the ocean than to ship whole.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there any evidence to suggest that anything TM related was on this train?

See Norse's post re: Norwegian Tesla Motors Club and a Norwegian customer being contacted by Tesla about this situation.

My understanding is that it has to do with cost of shipping/taxing separately vs whole. In that it's cheaper to ship the cars without their batteries and then to reassemble on that side of the ocean than to ship whole.

- - - Updated - - -

See Norse's post re: Norwegian Tesla Motors Club and a Norwegian customer being contacted by Tesla about this situation.

Yes, he says he was contacted by Tesla Norway. Its the Tesla Owners Club Norway group. They even got the link that I posted from Tesla. However this cant be to many cars. Alot of posters there says they have got e-mails that theyre car will be shipped soon, so I hope Tesla havent got to many cars in transit. As I said earlier, Tesla Norway has said there will not many that many deliveres this month.

This seems most likely to me. The trains that were stuck were there for awhile. It might have caused Tesla to miss the ship to Norway.

This seems most likely to me. The trains that were stuck were there for awhile. It might have caused Tesla to miss the ship to Norway.

Anyway Tesla Norway claims that the guys car was onboard. They have to build a new car. I do not think this is a stunt that Tesla is doing to delaying deliveres in Norway so they don't have cars in transit during Q3 :p
I feel its highly unlikely for the Tesla guys in Norway to call them and even show a link on youtube with an accident on the other side of the world, if it didnt happen.

hey if the guy is understanding that his car was wrecked by powers beyond Tesla then really in my mind its all good. Tesla gets two orders for one. Insurance pays for that wrecked car and so they make 2 cars for the one delivery. If it was a P85+ then Tesla gets to pocket a nice bit of profit from the Wrecked car. (or Wrecked cars if multiple)

Status
Not open for further replies.