Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2013

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no elaboration but i assume it's the price rising lately

If that's the only reason then this might just be the blip/buying opportunity people have been waiting for. Well, at least until Goldman issues their "downgrade" to 104 from 84.

Still, a headline shouldn't be taken seriously without solid analysis but we both know how reactionary the markets are to these sort of things..... :rolleyes:

oh, excuse me!

redharel posts this ultra important message 2 mins prior to pre-market start, approx 6000 shares change sides.
25min later the action is over.

i won' t read his posts any more.

Your insinuating allegation has no substantial proof to link redharel to an agenda to lower the stock price of TSLA. The mere coincidence timing of the person's post does not indicate absolute guilt.

So a good question is: does anybody else have an IB account that can vindicate redharel's assertion?

Your insinuating allegation has no substantial proof to link redharel to an agenda to lower the stock price of TSLA. The mere coincidence timing of the person's post does not indicate absolute guilt.

So a good question is: does anybody else have an IB account that can vindicate redharel's assertion?
Schwab reporting same. Chage from buy to neutral. Makes sense their price target of 187 surpassed no new data from company. Expect a lot of volatility between now and report.

But yet leaves the target price the same. IMHO, pure market manipulation to get in lower now that 3q is over and the 3 day sec rule about buying or making adjustments to stock is over , Baird can now toss this out there to get market panic , drop share price and get in lower. Weasels !

I don't know if you are serious, but I have heard many people on TMC say something similar in the past. This is not how equity research works. The analysts have their reputations on the line and that is all they really care about. If they get calls correct, then their reputation increases and the money will follow.

This is not how the financial industry works people. Wall St. banks are not all crooks and criminals like the liberal media will lead you to believe. Analysts are not out to their to manipulate the market so that their customers can buy a stock cheaper, because there is no way that they can get compensated for this unless they go in on a deal with the traders as well as upper management. And nobody in their right mind is going to agree to such illegal collusion for a few extra dollars during bonus season.

I worked as a stock analyst for one of the biggest banks so I know a little about the industry, and I can tell you that all analysts care about is getting the calls correct.

Is it really worthwhile to develop a compliance car just for California? I would think that the costs of development would be so high that it is actually cheaper just to keep buying the credits.

I heard an interesting perspective from someone in the auto industry about larger makers suddenly stepping up to make EV offerings.

The industry is starting to think that having an EV in the showroom will make their brand look good in the eyes of the consumer. The consumer will come to the lot looking for the EV offering and the old dealer games would begin. Sales people will have incentives to guide the customer towards an ICE or Hybrid once talk of charging opportunities or range takes place. A revised form of the ol' "bait and switch".

I don't know if you are serious, but I have heard many people on TMC say something similar in the past. This is not how equity research works. The analysts have their reputations on the line and that is all they really care about. If they get calls correct, then their reputation increases and the money will follow.

This is not how the financial industry works people. Wall St. banks are not all crooks and criminals like the liberal media will lead you to believe. Analysts are not out to their to manipulate the market so that their customers can buy a stock cheaper, because there is no way that they can get compensated for this unless they go in on a deal with the traders as well as upper management. And nobody in their right mind is going to agree to such illegal collusion for a few extra dollars during bonus season.

I worked as a stock analyst for one of the biggest banks so I know a little about the industry, and I can tell you that all analysts care about is getting the calls correct.

with all respect to you sleepy i think you are naive. i'm quite sure there are analysts who's getting paid for their opinions going with players position and not from a pure analysis.

with all respect to you sleepy i think you are naive. i'm quite sure there are analysts who's getting paid for their opinions going with players position and not from a pure analysis.

I'm with sleepy. There are certainly some crooks out there like there are in any industry, but the vast majority of these analysts are hard working family men/women just trying to do the best they can with the time and information they have. They know the laws and ethical boundaries and they respect them fully.

The drop to underperform makes perfect sense given the fact that TSLA has surpassed the price target that their research had set and there is no new data on which to change their PT. I'm sorry if you got caught buying calls up here---but com'on---several of us have been saying that things are too hot right now. The market was just waiting for a reason to sell TSLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.