Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be ideal would be if the earnings conference call recordings were put in SoundCloud. Then, people could comment on and annotate specific sections of the audio, right at the exact spot in the waveform where something was said, and people would hear exactly what was said and see the comments that are directed at what was actually just said in that section of the recording, rather than what we have now which is often reading comments on various close approximations of what was said.

What would be ideal would be if the earnings conference call recordings were put in SoundCloud. Then, people could comment on and annotate specific sections of the audio, right at the exact spot in the waveform where something was said, and people would hear exactly what was said and see the comments that are directed at what was actually just said in that section of the recording, rather than what we have now which is often reading comments on various close approximations of what was said.

+1 this is a great idea, so long as it's kosher with soundcloud. I'm sure it would be fine from TM's perspective as it's a public call that's free to redistribute

I just finished listening to the conference call, and I don't know if this was discussed before so forgive me if I am just repeating.

Elon mentioned that their sales/square foot is double that of apple. Apple probably have their sales/square foot figure published and we can probably tally up the square footage. Has anyone done that yet to arrive at # of cars sold per month?

I just finished listening to the conference call, and I don't know if this was discussed before so forgive me if I am just repeating.

Elon mentioned that their sales/square foot is double that of apple. Apple probably have their sales/square foot figure published and we can probably tally up the square footage. Has anyone done that yet to arrive at # of cars sold per month?

That could yield the number of cars sold per month per store. But it doesn't take into account the number of cars sold off the website directly.

And if I may point out that the analogy doesn't really apply that well.

Apple's products cost a couple of orders of magnitude less than a Tesla, and their store square footage also include customer services and training.
So a fairer comparison should also include Tesla's service centers and personnel.

But as far as retail stores go - it does sound good though - an Apples to Teslas comparison :biggrin:

Last edited:
Does anyone have insight on how X Alpha will be revealed next week and will media attention be expected?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have insight on how X Alpha will be revealed next week and will media attention be expected?

I would not be surprised if it does not get revealed. I suspect it will be kept 'in house'. Now, the Beta probably will be out on the roads for some real world testing so that is the one that they will either reveal or that someone will spot and photograph.

Did I miss something? Why do you think it will be revealed next week?
Shareholder letter states the are building it next week:

"Development efforts remain on track for production of Model X in the spring of 2015. We anticipate having operational Alpha prototypes ready by next week in order to confirm design intent and Beta prototypes to be ready later this year."

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...8f57412777/Tesla Q2'14 Shareholder Letter.pdf

To clarify: I do not believe they will reveal it. I am just pointing out that @sundaymorning is speculating based on the Alphas production next week. So, Tesla could reveal it if they wanted to. But, I believe they won't.

Did I miss something? Why do you think it will be revealed next week?

It is in the shareholders letter, but there is no reference to the "release". Exact wording from the last sentence under the heading Expanding Model s Demand:

"We anticipate having operational Alpha prototypes ready by next week in order to confirm design intent and Beta prototypes to be ready later this year."

It would be nice to know if there would be any public aspect to this event, as it has potential to move the stock. On a surface, though, it seems like just a fulfillment of the internal schedule, so associated public event is unlikely.

Perhaps Bonnie can clarify this with her contacts at TM?

Shareholder letter states the are building it next week:

"Development efforts remain on track for production of Model X in the spring of 2015. We anticipate having operational Alpha prototypes ready by next week in order to confirm design intent and Beta prototypes to be ready later this year."

http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...8f57412777/Tesla Q2'14 Shareholder Letter.pdf

To clarify: I do not believe they will reveal it. I am just pointing out that @sundaymorning is speculating based on the Alphas production next week. So, Tesla could reveal it if they wanted to. But, I believe they won't.

That would be my guess as well, they've purposely kept quiet about it for so long in order to direct more attention to S. But who knows, Elon might throw us another bone by tweeting a picture.

Building an operational alpha next week is completely different from revealing it next week.

And sorry... would not abuse my contacts at TM by even asking for information about that. I'd hate to put any of them in an awkward position. So I deliberately don't ask things that they don't share publicly. It wouldn't be right. Even if they gave me bits of info, I would respect the confidentiality in which it was given and wouldn't ask followup. (And trust me, no one wants to know more than I do about the X timeline. I want the X in my garage! I want to know what the final version looks like! I want to know colors, price, options, range, battery size, how that roof rack thing will work, everything, darn it!!)

If they were going to make it an event, the Tesla way would be to announce it, let the Sig holders (or at least some) be present to see the car, have media present, etc. They'd get maximum coverage out of the event. It wouldn't be buried. It would be a buildup to get max stock bump and new reservations from the resulting stock coverage.

If I was Tesla I wouldn't show/reveal the Alpha but wait until the Beta models and hold an event at the factory in, oh let's say, October/November or so. Invite lots of press and several hundred local Model X reservation holders. At the event make a big reveal and explain the latest changes. And then let people test drive the car.

If I was Tesla I wouldn't show/reveal the Alpha but wait until the Beta models and hold an event at the factory in, oh let's say, October/November or so. Invite lots of press and several hundred local Model X reservation holders. At the event make a big reveal and explain the latest changes. And then let people test drive the car.

Essentially what they did with the S

I posted this a few weeks ago, but a SC higher-up told me the X would be reveled at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in January. I asked him if he was sure about his and he said he got the info from people who would definite have the inside track on such information.

Service Centers have a lot of info, but historically not much about what Corporate is doing.

I posted this a few weeks ago, but a SC higher-up told me the X would be reveled at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show in January. I asked him if he was sure about his and he said he got the info from people who would definite have the inside track on such information.

At this point I don't doubt that it will be at the auto show, but revealed is a strong word. Haven't they historically used the beta cars for the reveal? And haven't they also historically made the first reveal a Tesla event? Seems to me they would stick with that, since by January they should be close to making their first production run cars.

At this point I don't doubt that it will be at the auto show, but revealed is a strong word. Haven't they historically used the beta cars for the reveal? And haven't they also historically made the first reveal a Tesla event? Seems to me they would stick with that, since by January they should be close to making their first production run cars.

There are test drives in the fall, meaning that they will have Alphas already revealed in Fall. It is likely that the Beta will be revealed at the Detroit Auto Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.