Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teach me to be like you lol.

Don't get me wrong. I'm losing a lot of money today. Just a lot less than I would have if I didn't have those puts. Just a hedge.

At this point I don't think there is anything that keeps us from visiting the 200-day. I'm looking to buy hand over fist at $225-$230. I don't think we'll see that level today, but probably in the not-to-distant future.

For future reference: just keep in mind that owners and fanboys get excited about product announcements. Investors get excited about financial announcements. Expect to see "buy the rumor, sell the news" when it comes to product announcements. Expect good financial news to shoot the stock up after it is released.

Don't get me wrong. I'm losing a lot of money today. Just a lot less than I would have if I didn't have those puts. Just a hedge.

At this point I don't think there is anything that keeps us from visiting the 200-day. I'm looking to buy hand over fist at $225-$230. I don't think we'll see that level today, but probably in the not-to-distant future.

For future reference: just keep in mind that owners and fanboys get excited about product announcements. Investors get excited about financial announcements. Expect to see "buy the rumor, sell the news" when it comes to product announcements. Expect good financial news to shoot the stock up after it is released.

Maybe you can look at a long strangle next time, flux cap did that and would probably be better than simply hedging the calls in these market conditions...? just a suggestion..

- - - Updated - - -

Adam Jonas live now..

this drop really highlights the fact that people just don't "get it". Tesla was always going to release an AWD Model S before the Model X, its just a requirement to prove out the drivetrain, and get some additional "beta testers" for the AWD platform, which is going to become the Model X, very soon. This prett much gurantees very few issues will be seen on the Model X, and it should be a huge success.

The news and developments from yesterday are definitely positive for the company. Tesla is the number one selling car here in the Netherlands and in Belgium this month. ( our gasoline prices are $2,29 per Liter- about 4 gallons) I am long Tesla and am increasing my position (a lot) at $236

Tech and many other stocks down sharply today. I'm adding LEAPS
I've been aggressively buying on the way down (instead of looking for a bottom because I've seen a lot of days recently where my target price never executed).

TSLA160115C400 (Jan 15 2016 @ $400 call)

I have another open at $10 but I doubt it will execute today.

I must say I am very surprised of todays price action, I knew the market wasn't completely rational but this is just dumb. I think the selloff has been sparked by general market pessimism and specifically a serious selloff in "green" stocks, the solars have been hit incredibly hard lately. Looks like we just bounced hard at least, so thats something.

I must say I am very surprised of todays price action, I knew the market wasn't completely rational but this is just dumb. I think the selloff has been sparked by general market pessimism and specifically a serious selloff in "green" stocks, the solars have been hit incredibly hard lately. Looks like we just bounced hard at least, so thats something.

+10

I sold half of my stock yesterday in anticipation of the "sell on the news" factor, even though I was miserable doing it! Instead of selling it when it was $265, I sold it when it was $255.

Today I was able to buy it all back at $240, so a nice bump in stockholding.

Naturally I was a little nervous when I saw it fall to $235 but now that it's over $240 again I'm happy :)

I notice that the overall pullback has been from $291 down to $235 so far. That's 20% off the all-time-high. I hope people are ready for a rally to $350 once the Model X train starts leaving the station!

Just to help clarify, the move down is being HEAVILY amplified by the Nasdaq and overall market being down right now. There is a lot of shakiness going on with the financials and specifically for the ECB.

I will also caution being overly exuberant buying today thinking we are at the bottom because I fear we are not finished.

New York Times: E.C.B. Sets Release of Banks’ Asset Quality Review for Oct. 26

Note they are holding off releasing the news until Sunday. Anytime they are intentionally waiting for the weekend is to less the impact of negative news on the market. So I expect with a reasonable certainty of around 80% that Monday the market is going to open down based on whatever is released. This is likely to continue to drag TSLA down with it, since I wouldn't expect any news to hit again until either Model X or the Quarterly Earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.