Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I wasn't knocking the German Supercharger strategy, what you said makes sense. But be careful of your "eventually they will sell in Germany". Eventually we will all be dead :). Germany has unique problems for Tesla. They have very, very good home grown car manufacturers, who the Germans must be proud of. It has got to be part of their identity. It must be difficult indeed for a typical German to think a country that makes Chryslers, Cobalts and Pintos to even be capable of making a car to rival their car makers.

I see what you mean and I understand many Germans will still buy german brands, but in my view it is only a matter of time. Actually, my view is that the future of ICE vehicles is dead, it will just take some time for the transition to happen. So in order for Tesla not to succeed in Germany would be for BMW/Mercedes/Audi to manufacture a better EV than Tesla, and so far we've seen what BMW has come up with ;)

Not to mention Daimler already buying drivetrains from Tesla...

Germany has unique problems for Tesla. They have very, very good home grown car manufacturers, who the Germans must be proud of. It has got to be part of their identity. It must be difficult indeed for a typical German to think a country that makes Chryslers, Cobalts and Pintos to even be capable of making a car to rival their car makers.
Agree with your statement. I would just like to expand that for the average world driver ev technology will prove to be not rival but superior technology.

Last edited:
I see what you mean and I understand many Germans will still buy german brands, but in my view it is only a matter of time. Actually, my view is that the future of ICE vehicles is dead, it will just take some time for the transition to happen. So in order for Tesla not to succeed in Germany would be for BMW/Mercedes/Audi to manufacture a better EV than Tesla, and so far we've seen what BMW has come up with ;)

Not to mention Daimler already buying drivetrains from Tesla...

And honestly, this might be an issue today. But if you think about it, almost no product of this complexity exists which can be attributed to a single country. I guess if you count the origin of all the parts of Model S it might well turn out to be more European or Asian than American. This whole discussion about something is made in xyz leads to nowhere. I always tell people who ask about that topic that the Model S contains more German parts than a Mercedes. I don't know if it is true, but it helps to make the point, that these kind of discussions are soo yesterday ... ;-)

Well it's looking like TSLA is going to dip below 200 today during normal trading hours. Can I officially say that the sky is falling, correction, the sky has fallen?

- - - Updated - - -

Dip below 200 with 1M shares exchanged while NASDAQ down over 45 in the first 5 minutes of trading today.

Well it's looking like TSLA is going to dip below 200 today during normal trading hours. Can I officially say that the sky is falling, correction, the sky has fallen?

While the stock is down 25% from the ATH and my LEAPS are taking on water, the sky is not falling. TSLA still up substantially since Jan 1st. The drop is not on negative Tesla news but general market sentiment. In fact, we have had very little news from Tesla since the Auto show and Q4 ER and guidance. It may be 'raining on TSLA longs parade' but the sky is not falling.

I'm sure this is not fun of any kind if you have options, but as to TSLA, sky is in no way falling. the sky didn't fall on AMZN in the early 2000s, they've done fine from dot.com peak to today, but at it's worst the move down AMZN had in that dot.com era would be equivalent to TSLA dropping to $25 (I did the math). market gets really, really ugly, we see $125 (I'd say 0-5% chance). if we see $25 in TSLA, Tesla will be the last of our concerns.

While the stock is down 25% from the ATH and my LEAPS are taking on water, the sky is not falling. TSLA still up substantially since Jan 1st. The drop is not on negative Tesla news but general market sentiment. In fact, we have had very little news from Tesla since the Auto show and Q4 ER and guidance. It may be 'raining on TSLA longs parade' but the sky is not falling.

Yep. Nothing to do with Tesla.

Despite everything going in Tesla's favor, day after day of the selloff for over the last month with no real end in sight can really take its toll on anyone with a long position.

Anyway, TSLA is seeing a little green today so let's see how this plays out.

From my perspective - these last couple of weeks have been absolutely phenomenal for someone who's looking for a longer time-horizon. Accumulating rather strongly.

In addition - I think the market is pretty much completely unaware of the potential demand and impact of the Model X and China. As that comes to light, I think shorter time-horizon investors are going to be very happy if they are taking advantage of the dips that have been happening lately.

In addition, when comparing the charts of NFLX, AMZN, etc. to TSLA - Tesla's chart looks arguably like one of the most resilient as far as strength to the overall downturn of the market.

- - - Updated - - -

Dip below 200 with 1M shares exchanged while NASDAQ down over 45 in the first 5 minutes of trading today.

That quick bounce from the 198's must have been CitizenT going all in ;-)

TSLA is currently at 75% of its all-time high. When it fell from $194.50 to about $117 during the fire scares, it fell to 60% of its all-time-high (and then climbed to 2.2 times that within a few months)

I think TSLA is not in so bad of a situation now as it was in November. It's not like cars are on fire right now, it's just external stuff like the China financial situation. This is a great correction, I wish I had some spare cash to get into more TSLA. The U.K. and China rollouts plus Q1 ER are coming up soon. And then there's Model X !!!

Last edited:

It could be smart for them to save announcements to a time when the general market is not so much on the downturn to maximize their relative impact

Beijing auto show in 2 weeks, coinciding with Tesla deliveries, this will make for a nice presentation.
Chinese fireworks anyone?
Last quarter they chose to pre-annouce at the detroit auto show...All eyes will be on Musk and staff...hopefully markets will have stabilized by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.