Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those tired of the back and forth on the issue of BOA holding TSLA position, as a reward for wading through pages of the related posts, I would like to offer the following:

According to TipRanks Mr. Lovallo is ranked #3477 out of 3498 analysts (Yes, 0.6 percentile) with the average return of impressive -54.5%

Lovallo has been irrelevant in the Tesla conversation in the past and will remain so in the present. I would never pay any attention to a financial institution that went belly up. Just look up the Merrill Lynch crooks... My philosophy is that no one will watch your pile of cash closer than you yourself. Happy investing.

Wow, Lovallo is the most accurate analyst I've ever seen. At 31% accuracy he is the best reverse indicator so far, probably better than Cramer.

Maybe there is a bit of confusion as to what the main function of an analyst is? Is it to provide an opinion on what the stock ought to be priced at based on the opinion and analysis of the analyst OR is it to predict how the stock will move in the coming year, i.e. how the market as a whole will value the stock in the future? What is the function of an analyst, really?

Thoughts?
Posted by Realist on Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-m6krIW4AAAUc3.jpg:large

What could cause this decease?

Dock workers at west coast ports have been on strike since middle of last year.
Contract negotiations between the Pacific Maritime Association, which represents shipping companies and port operators, and the International Longshore and Warehouse Union, which represents dock workers on the West Coast, started in May. The two parties were unable to come to an agreement and have been without a contract since July.
The conflict was resolved last week as Perez helped broker a contract agreement last Friday between dockworkers and their employers.

Thoughts?

As mentioned above the dock workers strike does have an effect. Not sure why he is using a 3 month moving average. What can also explain it is that due to the delay in the factory upgrade Tesla placed a bigger order for 2015 and pushed back shipments a few weeks. Probably was an accounting exercise to improve the balance sheet. Its astounding to me that people are accusing Tesla of inflating demand. How is this still an argument for those who are against this company ?!

I have no clue, it could be nothing, maybe someone can confirm if the data is legit at first.

If its true then there could be debt/equity issuance quite soon before the revised lower guidance is out. Before you build a car you need batteries.

I have an alternative scenario in which Tesla abandons Panasonic for Samsung, making them their new partner on Gigafactory.

Thoughts?

On a substance of the claim, it is verifiable falsehood. In July of 2013 Factory production was 500 cars/week, exactly half of what it is right now. The wait time back in July 2013 was about a month. The current production rate is about 1000 cars week and average wait time across all regions is 2.5 to 3 month. It is obvious that current rate of incoming orders is at least two times higher than it was back in June 2013.

The he guy is grasping at the straws. He is clearly not getting the right/complete data and/or willfully misrepresenting it.

Regarding the disease, I have no idea on proper terminology, but my observation is that some of TSLA Bears have propensity to telegraph their subconcisely self perceived vulnerabilities via the screen names. The Realist has obvious problem with the perception of reality. The Logical Thought has propensity of having posts which are void of both logic and thought, etc...

I would love to hear opinion of a professional psychologists on this one...

I have no clue, it could be nothing, maybe someone can confirm if the data is legit at first.

If its true then there could be debt/equity issuance quite soon before the revised lower guidance is out. Before you build a car you need batteries.

I have an alternative scenario in which Tesla abandons Panasonic for Samsung, making them their new partner on Gigafactory.

Doubtful that they'll abandon Panasonic. The partnership is strong and their ways of working is similar to Toyota's. I wouldn't read too much into these figures. I tried to get to the source on ZEPOL but its behind a membership wall. What these figures don't tell us is the conversion of received battery cells to finished packs. We simply just don't know. Like I said they could have placed orders mid year to prepare for the ramp up in the factory retooling which was delayed a bit so they adjusted orders accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.