Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The world is still worshipping English as the de facto business language. I dread the world where Mandarin took over if China surpasses USA as the GDP fabricator of the world. It's a messed up language to learn.

The Mandarin written is good, so not a hoax. From the forum posts, there are not a lot of owners pushing for this. So Tesla needs to do a cost analysis of pissing off the few who received the car 1~2 months before the upgraded hardware announcement. Ask questions like: Are their politicians? Like previous instances with apple. Offer store credit for the next Tesla cars so these owners can buy Model 3 for their children or another upgraded P85D for their wife and the whole thing can be blow over.

Another non issue because the western media reporting did not bother to hire a Mandarin speaker to translate the whole posting. Then again, it might be just what they intended because the general population cannot read the rest of the posting.

I'm sure they will stick to what they have always stuck to on this... it is far too costly to offer this to even make it worth the time. I almost feel like they should throw out some crazy high number like... 50k... to do the upgrade just to make people stop complaining... because no one in their right mind would spend 50k on an upgrade like that and would just buy a new car.

You Mean, with level 3, you cannot look ahead to see a huge institution dump is pending at certain price level? Or a large (20mil+) stop limit is located at a specific price somewhere? We retails do not have 20mil+ firepower.

Software engineering side, not trading sadly. I just made the programs that made the money, they watched the screens and adjusted vol and stuff and made the big bonuses :) (Mine weren't bad either on the software side though so I'm not complaining)

found a nice article on BBG's BlommbergView

Few companies illustrate this pattern more emphatically than Tesla Motors Inc., the California-based maker of high performance electric vehicles. It isn't profitable, yet performs like a thoroughbred when it comes to shareholder value. At No. 408 in the Global 500 with a market cap of $31 billion, it's worth more than 50 percent of the value of General Motors Co. Tesla's R&D investment of 48.67 percent of its net sales helped deliver one-year and three-year returns of 133 percent and 836 percent -- impressive evidence there's a big payoff when business invests in the biggest ideas.

Big Ideas, Big Spending, Big Payoff - Bloomberg View

The impression I get is that sellers are like kids trying to keep ping pong balls below the surface of pool water. The balls just pop up without effort, while the kids have to work hard to keep them submerged.

BTW, other things float from these kids too.

So apparently there is a lot of resistance at 260, do people think that would be a good time to buy some put protection and collect a little bit of money on a slight downturn (before I think it trends back upwards on the X reveal), or do people feel like it will be more likely to hover sideways around 260 and not drop at all? I'm pretty sure the X reveal is the next realistic positive catalyst unless there are surprises. (I'm ignoring the book reveal, I don't have a good feeling for which way that will drive stuff, though I do agree with some of the more awareness = more buyers comments above)

So apparently there is a lot of resistance at 260, do people think that would be a good time to buy some put protection and collect a little bit of money on a slight downturn (before I think it trends back upwards on the X reveal), or do people feel like it will be more likely to hover sideways around 260 and not drop at all? I'm pretty sure the X reveal is the next realistic positive catalyst unless there are surprises. (I'm ignoring the book reveal, I don't have a good feeling for which way that will drive stuff, though I do agree with some of the more awareness = more buyers comments above)

If we're lucky there might be earlier positive catalysts like at the shareholders meeting in June and the potential of a delivery guidance beat the first days in July as Tesla now reports the delivery numbers in the beginning of the following quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.