Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So a thread on the TM forum is reporting that ~100 Chinese Model S owners are planning to put an ad in the New York Times requesting hardware upgrades (autopilot, dual motor) for older Model S. While I think their demands are no valid, this could provide shorts with further FUD to drive the stock price down. Below if the first part of the Chinese text then the Google translate version.

Chinese Tesla Owners planning on posting Message on New York Times to Elon Musk for retrofitting pre auto pilot model S | Forums | Tesla Motors
http://club.autohome.com.cn/bbs/thread-c-2357-41506194-1.html

车主起草的中英文版公开信,摘录中文版如下:

————————————————————

致一家值得期待的企业

回忆小时候玩过乐高积木,那时候玩的不亦乐乎。现在成年了对乐高积木还是充满想象,找时间卷起袖管玩一会儿。这些简单的物件不但为孩童构建出一个奇妙的世界,让每一个看到它的小孩都抵挡不了如此大的诱惑。

而我第一次接触特斯拉的时候,就仿佛像小孩子般着了魔般在摆弄自己心爱的玩具。但MODEL S不是玩具,而是一辆颠覆汽车制造史的纯电动车。玩具不好玩了,咱们可以弃之一边,不管不顾。但特斯拉是一家值得我们期待的高科技企业,我们有义务去提醒他,成为一家伟大的公司,为更多的成人找回童年的乐趣。

参考特斯拉的三步走战略:08年小众高端的Roadster跑车、12年的Model S轿车到未来3万美元的model 3。我们希望特斯拉能设立汽车硬件改装事业部,此部与研发同时进行。

1、2015年年底前:推出对较老车型的感应元器件的升级,如:增加光学摄像机,测距雷达。阶段性目的:让老款汽车能自动泊车、主动刹车、自动驾驶。

2、2016年年中:推出对14款车型的动力改装,增加前轮电机。阶段性目的:让老款车型在地面道路能更安全稳定,动力充沛。

3、Future:待特斯拉推出100Kwh,300Kwh的锂电池时,为老款车型换上新电池,回收85Kwh的电池。阶段性目的:对抗电池衰减确保续航里程、改装旧电池用作家用等。

Target:特斯拉企业能完成以上阶段目标,将建立起一个任何传统车企业都没有闭合的健康生态圈,新车及旧车改装的利润都由原车企获取。当然有盈利,特斯拉才会为大家制造更好的汽车。可以预想的,以后制约车主买电动车的最大瓶颈是怕电动车与手机一样,迅速贬值!现阶段特斯拉按车主的要求去做,投入肯定很大,但这是老车主与企业的双赢。以后特斯拉在官网的广告也可以改为:零排放、零妥协、零贬值。

这封信我们的最终目的是希望能送到Elon Musk的办公桌上,对!就是那个真人世界中的钢铁侠。我们要他为我们打造我们的装备:

1、如果你有很好英文写作能力,而且愿意帮我们!请联系我们公众号!

2、如果你觉得我们这片文章糟透了!你觉得自己会写的更好!请联系我们公众号!

3、如果你是特斯拉车主,对自己的车还是不满意,希望特斯拉能造更好的车。那就联系我们吧!

我们做的事可能牵动着全球电动车产业链的发展哦!你说激不激动?我反正是无条件投入了,Come on,加入我们吧!
Owners open letter drafted in the English version, the Chinese version of the following excerpt:

--------------------

Caused by an anticipated business

Played childhood memories of Lego, then play the whole day. Now grown up to Lego still full of imagination, to find time to roll up sleeves and play for a while. These simple objects not only for the children to build a wonder of the world, so that every child can see it can not resist so much temptation.

And when I first contact with Tesla, it seems like a childish enchanted like playing with their favorite toys. But MODEL S is not a toy, but a car manufacturing history subvert pure electric vehicles. Toy is not fun, you can abandon the side, regardless of whether. But Tesla is a high-tech enterprise worthy of our expectations, we have an obligation to remind him to become a great company, as more adults return to childhood pleasures.

Reference Tesla's three-step strategy: in 2008 a small minority of high-end sports car Roadster, Model S sedan 12 years into the future $ 30,000 in model 3. We hope to be able to set up car hardware modification Tesla business unit, this portion of the research carried out at the same time.

1, before the end of 2015: Release upgrade older models of inductive components, such as: increased optical cameras, ranging radar. Phased purpose: let the old car can automatic parking, active braking, automatic driving.

2, in mid-2016: the launch of 14 models of power conversion, increased front wheel motor. Phased purpose: to let the older models in the road surface can be more secure and stable, with plenty of power.

3, Future: Tesla to be launched when 100Kwh, 300Kwh lithium battery for older models put a new battery, battery recycling 85Kwh. Phased purpose: to ensure against battery life mileage attenuation, modification of old batteries used for household and so on.

Target: Tesla companies to complete the above milestones, will establish a traditional car companies do not have any closed ecosystem health, car and hot rod car prices, profits are the original acquisition. Of course there is a profit, Tesla will be better for everyone to manufacture cars. It is envisioned, after restricting the owner to buy electric cars the biggest bottleneck is the fear of electric cars and cell phones, the rapid devaluation! Tesla stage according to the owner's request would certainly put a lot, but this is a win-win old owners and businesses. Tesla later the official website of advertising can also be read as follows: zero emissions, zero compromise, zero devaluation.

From: We are a group of tesla feel better vision of the owner

The ultimate purpose of this letter we hope to be able to Elon Musk on the desk, right! The real world is Iron Man. We want him for us to build our equipment:

1, if you have good English writing skills, and willing to help us! Please contact us public number!

2, if you think this article we bad! Do you think you can write better! Please contact us public number!

3. If you are the owner of Tesla on his car was not satisfied, I hope Tesla can build a better car. Then contact us!

We do may affect the development of the global electric vehicle industry chain Oh! You say excited not be excited? Anyway, I was unconditionally put, Come on, join us!

perhaps the problem is not the writing skills of some Chinese Tesla owners, but rather the modest command of the Chinese language of Cory Johnson and a few of his hedge fund accomplices (or the Rupert Murdoch crowd, etc) ;)

@mejojo

On March 12th Jerome was reassigned & many in the media blamed him for the poor sales in China, the stock sales on May 11th weren't part of his 10b5-1 trading plan that was adopted on Feb 23 so I felt the events might be linked & were worth watching.

Seriously? There were hardly any articles about Jerome refocusing on Model X production/delivery & I don't recall those articles blaming him for China. Elon fired the head of China sales. I think that's who was blamed.

Hate seeing statements like that made so casually - people reading sometimes start taking stuff like that as fact.

Tesla Reassigns Sales Chief After Slow Start to China Deliveries - Bloomberg Business

Tesla Motors Inc. is reassigning its sales chief after struggling to gain traction in China and suffering a market-share decline in its home state of California. It’s interviewing for executives to lead retail operations by region.
Jerome Guillen, vice president of global sales and service, will return to a role where he’s in charge of customer satisfaction once those positions are filled, the Palo Alto, California-based company said in an e-mailed statement.
After missing its goal for worldwide deliveries of its luxury electric cars last year, which Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk blamed on production issues and bad weather, Tesla is aiming to boost deliveries by 74 percent in 2015. In China, where Musk has expressed frustration with the sales force, the local president left in December and the automaker is cutting staff.

“Jerome has not been demoted in any way,” Tesla said in a statement. “He has been and remains part of the senior executive team, reporting directly to Elon.” On the company’s website, Guillen is still listed as vice president of worldwide sales and service, a position he took on less than two years ago.

This article was written in March. Which means it was written before the huge Tesla beat in deliveries and EPS in April. The article is virtually meaningless, unless one's agenda was to incite fear, a tactic I am not a stranger to as a Teslamotors investor...

By bringing this up after a huge beat, and with Tesla about to break out past $250, I smell desperation coming from an old time bear. Good luck.

Sorry, I don't see that as Tesla or the media blaming Jerome. I see that as bringing focus to a needed area, instead of an exec spread across several functions. Note Tesla's statement clarifying this was not a demotion. Elon has historically let people go that he is unhappy with. With Model X about to ramp up, I was thrilled with the news that Jerome would be watching over things. You may not remember, but when Model S was launched and there were a number of log jams, Jerome is the guy who got all the gears turning again.

This article was written in March. Which means it was written before the huge Tesla beat in deliveries and EPS in April. The article is virtually meaningless, unless one's agenda was to incite fear, a tactic I am not a stranger to as a Teslamotors investor...

By bringing this up after a huge beat, and with Tesla about to break out past $250, I smell desperation coming from an old time bear. Good luck.
I was responding to Bonnie...

As expected the 3 Amigos have attacked

Calling me an old time bear is cute, I guess you have forgotten that I closed my PUT positions about the same time you were opening yours, you can go back & find the posts & refresh your memory & see where the stock was trading that day..

Last edited:

I was responding to Bonnie...

As expected the 3 Amigos have attacked

You mean the amigos are refuting...

@mejojo

On March 12th Jerome was reassigned & many in the media blamed him for the poor sales in China, the stock sales on May 11th weren't part of his 10b5-1 trading plan that was adopted on Feb 23 so I felt the events might be linked & were worth watching.

I am glad you guys have decided to ask everyones motivation & taken upon yourselves to pick whats worthy of being posted.

1. According to vgrinshpun's posting, they absolutely WERE part of a 10b5-1 trading plan. In other words he had to decide three months (or more) in advance to exercise and sell the options, regardless of what the market may or may not have done in the meantime. What makes you think they weren't?

2. Any highly placed executive in a company like Tesla would have to be insane to sell shares or options without this safe harbor. Maybe one of the hundreds of VPs at a company like GE could validly claim that they have no inside information, but certainly not Jerome.

3. Jerome was put into his position as a response to the China situation, he certainly didn't cause it. And I have seen absolutely no-one blame him for it except this posting. Lastly his responsibilities increased, which is hardly what you'd do if the guy caused the problem.

4. I don't even understand your last sentence.

... edited to add...

5. There is no reason that share trading by executives should ever be particularly of interest to shareholders. That's because the SEC watches. If there was anything underhanded going on, it would be some exec's cousin suddenly buying a load of options, and we'd never hear about it.

Last edited:
. If there was anything underhanded going on, it would be some exec's cousin suddenly buying a load of options, and we'd never hear about it.

i dont know, the sec has good scans for this. if the stock makes a big move due to news coming out they do a routine scan for who made well timed trades. hard for this cousin you are inventing to get away with anything. i know i was dragged into an investigation once and i couldnt believe how thorough they were.

1500 shares is not worth discussing. otherwise anytime any if us here makes a trade there'd be news headlines saying "Elon fired another investor"

Move on

Agreed, move on. Also the number of shares has no significance: even if Jerome, Passin, JB Straubel or even Elon sold 10000 shares it wouldn't signal anything. All these trades are predetermined. Often they happen simultaneously with employee options being issued/exercised.

Anyone think that the problem experienced by many tesla owners yesterday (with their center screens rebooting constantly) will affect the price today?
Might give the bears some more fud to spread.

No, If TSLA is affected it is because of small miss by Walmart because of currency exchange rates which could affect companies that produce goods in the US for export.

So you are suggesting that this may be a hoax? If there is bad Chinese in this text, that would be suspicious.

The world is still worshipping English as the de facto business language. I dread the world where Mandarin took over if China surpasses USA as the GDP fabricator of the world. It's a messed up language to learn.

The Mandarin written is good, so not a hoax. From the forum posts, there are not a lot of owners pushing for this. So Tesla needs to do a cost analysis of pissing off the few who received the car 1~2 months before the upgraded hardware announcement. Ask questions like: Are their politicians? Like previous instances with apple. Offer store credit for the next Tesla cars so these owners can buy Model 3 for their children or another upgraded P85D for their wife and the whole thing can be blow over.

Another non issue because the western media reporting did not bother to hire a Mandarin speaker to translate the whole posting. Then again, it might be just what they intended because the general population cannot read the rest of the posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.