Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning everyone,

I guess that once again in the absence of news we will follow the general trend today...
And since the mood is not positive, with oil loosing another 3%, I suppose TSLA will tank again :-(

Well, that would be a surprise. It does make me want to repeat that when they unveil Model 3, it would be awesome to unveil the Model 3 SUV (Model Y?). At some point they need to accelerate bringing products to market and with a big battery factory looking to crank out billions of cells, the near future makes sense.
I'd be happy with just the Model 3 being delivered in 2017 without drama.

Looks as if one person wrote the title and another the article, which did not mention an SUV.

This is a car cheaper than what happened up to now, a model that is expected to cost around 40,000 dollars, and could make its official debut at the 2015 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

Public Service Announcement: Elon is scheduled to appear on Reddit at 9pm EST tonight for an "AMA" (Ask Me Anything). This is a live "interview" in which he fields questions in real-time from the great big anonymous internet masses (currently composed of mostly "youngish" male nerds like me (Okay I'm not that young anymore), though less so recently as Reddit's popularity increases).

Link:
I Am A, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the outrageous suddenly seems normal.

Might be some juicy tidbits in there that have potential to move the stock in the morning. Worth paying attention to.

Public Service Announcement: Elon is scheduled to appear on Reddit at 9pm EST tonight for an "AMA" (Ask Me Anything). This is a live "interview" in which he fields questions in real-time from the great big anonymous internet masses (currently composed of mostly "youngish" male nerds like me (Okay I'm not that young anymore), though less so recently as Reddit's popularity increases).

Link:
I Am A, where the mundane becomes fascinating and the outrageous suddenly seems normal.

Might be some juicy tidbits in there that have potential to move the stock in the morning. Worth paying attention to.

For those interested in the coordinated effort we are trying to form to get good (or better) questions fielded that will lead to some new information please look here:
Elon Musk does session on Reddit

Interesting tidbit over at the subreddit for Tesla Motors. It's looking like Elon is doing some major PR runs and is getting ready for NAIAS. Of course there's no Model X. I believe that the big reveal for Model X would happen in the Hawthorne design studio. This new "old" chief of communications might be coordinating all of this. I'd want a continuous news circle if I were him. I'd use NAIAS to build up the Dual Motor AWD/Announce release date for Autopilot software -- to be released in the coming weeks-- and appeal to an even wider audience at NAIAS and quell any of the range fears and competition fears there. Then I'd have a X reveal a month or two after right when the hype starts settling down again.

Spotted: New Teslas Heading To The NAIAS From Hawthorne, CA Today + This...

Short interest is floating at about ~25% as of Mid December. So this should be interesting come earnings time. I know a concern for a lot of people here was a miss on 2014 Q4 figures due to the delays of D production due to seat issues. From what I gather it shouldn't be a huge problem for deliveries for a few reasons:

1. Regular cars were being made and delivered
2. We all know earnings are about the past and what matters is guidance -- seem to forget that here from time to time...
3. Even if there was a backlog and Tesla was playing catch up that just implies a larger delivery figure for Q1 this would be built into price.

I'm looking forward to the coming months. There's enough bearish sentiment about Tesla that reminds of 2013. It seems that the more ambitious the task, the more hatred Tesla seems to get. Should work the opposite way, but hey I don't mind making a few more bucks :)

Interesting tidbit over at the subreddit for Tesla Motors. It's looking like Elon is doing some major PR runs and is getting ready for NAIAS. Of course there's no Model X. I believe that the big reveal for Model X would happen in the Hawthorne design studio. This new "old" chief of communications might be coordinating all of this. I'd want a continuous news circle if I were him. I'd use NAIAS to build up the Dual Motor AWD/Announce release date for Autopilot software -- to be released in the coming weeks-- and appeal to an even wider audience at NAIAS and quell any of the range fears and competition fears there. Then I'd have a X reveal a month or two after right when the hype starts settling down again.

As much as I'd love to see the revised Model X, I agree it makes the most sense to first give the "D" version of the S (and autopilot) it's moment. I think it's quite possible Tesla is holding back on any P85Ds they'd otherwise lend out to the automotive press until the car's capability is fully activated sometime this month. There could be a couple of months of letting such reviews on the D be Tesla's main product story. I would be a bit surprised if we see the X before April. What's more, if there's going to be a bigger battery option with the X I think Tesla will wait as long as practically possible to reveal the X to avoid disrupting the Model S order flow. Of course, that's an if on a bigger battery.

I do not feel very comfortable imagining what the market response could be in case Tesla chooses to be completely silent about the Model-X at the show.

As I posted before, I have made some not insignificant money shorting USO (oil ETF), but it is a bitter pill on days when market decides to correlate price of oil with TSLA due to the false perception that market for high-end EV's is affected by temporary oil price fluctuations.

As I posted before, I have made some not insignificant money shorting USO (oil ETF), but it is a bitter pill on days when market decides to correlate price of oil with TSLA due to the false perception that market for high-end EV's is affected by temporary oil price fluctuations.

I hope you can sweeten the pill by using the short gains on oil to go long on Tesla. Good luck.

Inside EVs is estimating December US deliveries at 3,500. While I know everyone has their own crazy estimates... and we have had to swallow some "rough" reported months by them as well. They have been probably the closest to getting a decent number. If this 3,500 number is true that is a new record for a single month for the US by any company for a Plug-in (Including beating Nissan).

Link:

Hope Elon will mention some tidbits.

Wow lots have happened yet everything stayed the same. TSLA is around the same price as beginning of 2014. Which I agree with since nothing new changed. No new model, no surprises, just executing the plan.

Just got off the mountain and can see things so clearly now. We are going through the rotation of the 3 major sectors. Tech, housing, commodities. The next boom and bust is tech. This development with oil might've surprised Saudi Arabia. I initially thought they can keep this up for 6 months, but now it looks like 2~3 months. Personally I wish it'd keep going and bankrupt themselves. America should wake up and understand that we need to wean ourselves off oil's influence. Saudi forgot that if they squeeze too hard, eventually tech innovation will render oil obsolete.

Miss you guys, I am off to find the next mountain to become where I can live like a hermit now.

Wow lots have happened yet everything stayed the same. TSLA is around the same price as beginning of 2014. Which I agree with since nothing new changed. No new model, no surprises, just executing the plan.

Just got off the mountain and can see things so clearly now. We are going through the rotation of the 3 major sectors. Tech, housing, commodities. The next boom and bust is tech. This development with oil might've surprised Saudi Arabia. I initially thought they can keep this up for 6 months, but now it looks like 2~3 months. Personally I wish it'd keep going and bankrupt themselves. America should wake up and understand that we need to wean ourselves off oil's influence. Saudi forgot that if they squeeze too hard, eventually tech innovation will render oil obsolete.

Miss you guys, I am off to find the next mountain to become where I can live like a hermit now.

Just FYI, SA can sustain losses for quite a long time, and note that the current price is still a 100% profit level for them (their breakeven is 25$)

Status
Not open for further replies.