Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious question, what are you doing here in this forum if your method works?

I think he makes a good point. $260 would be the mid point between the after hours low from yesterday, and yesterday's closing price. I think a lot of the selling today was due to stop losses getting hit. It's possible it will fall lower, but I'm considering buying $260 calls.

One thing no-one pointed out. Tesla probably won't need to do a secondary. A loan or cash line is not the same thing as issuing stock! Maybe this is the reason Bank of America has a very low price target for Tesla?

Bank of America has commited to investing a minimum of $70 Billion in projects identical to the types of things Tesla does. I'd be very surprised if Tesla wouldn't be able to get access to a few billion dollar loan, at a very low interest rate, if it was necessary.

This week or next week seems like an opportune moment for such an agreement to be announced.

Bank of America Announces $10 Billion Catalytic Finance Initiative to Accelerate Clean Energy Investments That Reduce Carbon Emissions | Bank of America Newsroom

Semi unrelated. One or two unrelated companies have stated they are giving away 100 Powerwalls. I'll try to find the link.

Elon didn't say how many reservations Tesla received. He sort of hinted the interest was unimaginably high by saying "if the requests are all real". I think Elon was trying to avoid a situation similar to what happened in China, where current demand appeared higher than it was, because of scalpers.

Last edited:
The fourth part is Gigafactory phase 1 complete.

Ah, yes, and I believe the Gigafactory party is also the occasion of the Model 3 unveiling. So in that moment we're riding the wave of enthusiasm for Model X and TE products. With the opening of the Gigafactory it looks like blue skies ahead culminating in the launch of Model 3. So this would be the moment for the stock to hit $400.

Musk does have a flair for the dramatic.

Yoga was good. I stayed focused on my practice, and actually gave very little thought to Tesla in the moment.

Later with a fresh mind I read the shareholder letter and listened to the CC. Then I wrote this:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...015/page1084?p=1099095&viewfull=1#post1099095

Thanks for asking. :)

I didn't do yoga last night but I did skip the webcast, enjoy my dinner, and sat on a quiet bench in a garden while listening to the earnings call & reading the shareholder letter. For me there's no value in live blogging and instant overreaction.

Just wanted to share... pity I had charts which said we going down two weeks ago and couldn't post here :(
anyway if you look July monthly chart - black DOJI speaks for itself... ..

Highend, if you have a theory you want to share, write it up and post it in the technical analysis thread. Just coyly saying you have done an analysis and have an answer isn't going to convince anyone.

Can you elaborate to a non-chart minded person? Thanks.

I use fibonacci on my charts but I don't use it like others people do.

If you want to figure something out please turn on monthly chart of TSLA, go to candle from March 2015 where TSLA felt to 180 level.
Now do something like that, create fibonacci retracement from 0-100 only on that candle.
I mean put 0 on low = 180, fibonacci 100 on high = 205. You will see on chart.
And now please look what happened on fibonacci levels 161, 261 and finally...423.
:) very simple.

Last edited:
The moment capital is raised, the company, and therefore shareholders, become owners of that capital, thus equivalently balancing the value of shares.

Actually they get both an asset and a liability which net out to zero equity, but if the company then puts that asset to work and gets a positive return, then shareholders are rewarded with more equity. Thus shareholder value increases over time if the capital is put to good use.

Actually they get both an asset and a liability which net out to zero equity, but if the company then puts that asset to work and gets a positive return, then shareholders are rewarded with more equity. Thus shareholder value increases over time if the capital is put to good use.

This is precisely why every time Tesla has done a raise, the stock has gone up - because shareholders think Tesla can put that money to good use and get a better rate of return than the shareholders feel they could get elsewhere.

I don't understand why shorts keep clinging to the "specter" of another capital raise as something that would be bad for the stock and good for them. For Tesla, that's never been the case. Raise away, I say!

anybody tried my method ? I described quite well I hope :D :)
I'm from Poland - so sorry for my english if I make mistakes.
I'm regular trader using MT4 platform. I know most of you use options (calls / puts).
We will see recovery to $260 possibly tomorrow or next week.

The problem markets are down are because FED wants to raise %%% in september - so I assume this is fundamental for all stock markets...
I think we'll see TSLA at level 215-220 in September and I will be a buyer - with Stop Loss around 210.
now I wait for recovery to $260 and probably will short it till september.... ;)

Bloomberg just put out a BS hit piece, full of tons of false assertions and vague criticisms of Elon's comments from the conference call, that basically ignores or misrepresents everything positive from the conference call. The author basically insists Elon is lying, or misrepresenting just about everything.

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-08-06/tesla-has-to-start-acting-like-a-car-company

Regarding Edward Niedermeyer's Bloomberg article Tesla Has to Start Acting Like a Car Company

Bloomberg Has to Start Acting Like a Responsible News Organization

I’m a retired financial journalist and am well aware that readers often interpret a newsmaker’s answers to questions as though they were scripted announcements. If a naïve question is asked, but the newsmaker nevertheless responds with a polite and honest answer, he is not the one who is naïve. A good writer should understand and make allowances for this this, rather than feel compelled to write an article that makes that writer appear to be either naïve or presenting a biased agenda.

Last edited:
Regarding Edward Niedermeyer's Bloomberg article Tesla Has to Start Acting Like a Car Company

Bloomberg Has to Start Acting Like a Responsible News Organization

I’m a retired financial journalist and am well aware that readers often interpret a newsmaker’s answers to questions as though they were scripted announcements. If a naïve question is asked, but the newsmaker nevertheless responds with a polite answer, he is not the one who is naïve. A good writer should understand and make allowances for this this, rather than feel compelled write an article (editorial?) that makes that writer appear to be either naïve or presenting a biased agenda.

We both know better Curt, that isn't going to happen.

I'm a communications major and had my share of journalism classes, though journalism isn't my career now. Anyway, I had classes that taught ethics and getting the facts correct. I also had classes where the instructor emphasized being first to publish anything, to get hits and be famous of course.

The issue with any mainstream media organization is what my latter instructor was emphasizing in order for them to get the clicks and make the advertising dollars. And therein lies the issue with so-called news organizations, the need to please the advertisers. I get that these companies need to make money but what they've done is sacrifice any integrity they may have had in the process.

Short covering tomorrow should be interesting. It doesn't look like most of the volume today was short covering.

The volume today looks like accumulation and panic selling, combined with broad market weakness. Didn't follow the market, and sort of formed a base.

Status
Not open for further replies.