Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since earnings analysts have been pretty quite, Stifel Nicolaus has reiterated their buy rating twice & of course Morgan Stanley did their "pump & dump" for the secondary, I haven't seen the others comment since the secondary or defend their ratings with the recent stock drop.

Hi,
picked up some oct 2 $250 puts yesterday along with some $267.5 calls. unfortunately those puts looking good right now.... pretty solid faith the calls will be worth quite a bit as we get closer to oct.
I was trying to catch the bottom, so it did not even cross my mind to buy puts. It seems like a great idea, so would you please let us know why you decided to buy puts?

I think, and hope, you are correct on the calls.

Since earnings analysts have been pretty quite, Stifel Nicolaus has reiterated their buy rating twice & of course Morgan Stanley did their "pump & dump" for the secondary, I haven't seen the others comment since the secondary or defend their ratings with the recent stock drop.

Baird reiterated their outperform rating and PT of $335, Deutsche Bank maintained their hold rating with PT $280 and Dougherty reiterated their PT of $355, all right after the ER.

Baird reiterated their outperform rating and PT of $335, Deutsche Bank maintained their hold rating with PT $280 and Dougherty reiterated their PT of $355, all right after the ER.
For a typically "chatty" group they have been noticeably quite since earnings reports, secondary brought in 50% more then expected & markets have been selling off, two developments worthy of comments, maybe they don't want to defend their calls in volatile markets.

For a typically "chatty" group they have been noticeably quite since earnings reports, secondary brought in 50% more then expected & markets have been selling off, two developments worthy of comments, maybe they don't want to defend their calls in volatile markets.

Maybe they don't believe the volatile market has anything to do with TSLA, so there's no reason to say anything.

Not sure I understand what you are saying, they all issued notes confirming their ratings and price targets after the ER, which was 20 days ago.

Andrea James of Dougherty has been a absolute correct predictor on this (TSLA) thing from the git go (sub $30.00), and she is not a "Auto Analyst" She Sez "it's just math". I trust her math! Go Figure! So I watched every video on her YouTube channel, Very enlightening! And she's always correct! Every other analyst or most is most of the time incorrect. So I would appreciate if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong with my line of reasoning? BTW, her batting average is pretty outstanding.:wink:

Andrea James of Dougherty has been a absolute correct predictor on this (TSLA) thing from the git go (sub $30.00), and she is not a "Auto Analyst" She Sez "it's just math". I trust her math! Go Figure! So I watched every video on her YouTube channel, Very enlightening! And she's always correct! Every other analyst or most is most of the time incorrect. So I would appreciate if someone could tell me where I'm going wrong with my line of reasoning? BTW, her batting average is pretty outstanding.:wink:

I am a fan of her as well. She has a special gift on talking about the essence of things, which is pretty effective in the face of FUDsters in several videos of discussions which she've participated over time. All in all, she is pretty amazing, especially considering that she've switched careers and have been an analyst just for few years.

end of up on sp500...;)

now downtrend... TSLA target: $130, Apple: $70 around

the only way to recover stock market is .... QE4 from FED. Nothing else could drive stocks up.
This happened. If somebody don't see it - he is blind.
World economy based on QE on money is bad idea in long term. Better buy GOLD.

I am a fan of her as well. She has a special gift on talking about the essence of things, which is pretty effective in the face of FUDsters in several videos of discussions which she've participated over time. All in all, she is pretty amazing, especially considering that she've switched careers and have been an analyst just for few years.
I find that she has been good on tsla but be careful and don't follow blindly. She was so off on Cree. Just before their last report she upgraded on Cree and missed terribly. Surprised because it seemed obviously to me that they would. She should have waited to hear the report before changing rating

I find that she has been good on tsla but be careful and don't follow blindly. She was so off on Cree. Just before their last report she upgraded on Cree and missed terribly. Surprised because it seemed obviously to me that they would. She should have waited to hear the report before changing rating

I like her as well, wasn't Stratasys her blown call? https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/andrea-james

Some new information about the Model X and Gigafactory was announced today at The Governors Conference on Business.

http://govconference.nv.gov/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 608
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.