Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The model x is a brilliant piece of car engineering ,
I presume the falcon doors were developed
by the space x falcon engineering team.

The car manufacturing engineers are figuring out how
to assemble the car , and that is surely an iterative process,
as they calibrate the 500 robots and align the supply chain.
Given the complexity , the debugging process will take
months before they can let it rip. Its seems not to be
functioning yet, and that may weigh on deliveries
and in turn the stock price.
At this point we do not know how far in the manufacturing process
they are, and risk generally implies price concession, though
Eventually it will get debugged, and the deliveries
will gush.

any thoughts out there?

read my post here about the MX manufacturing process:

I'm starting to think the X still isn't ready... - Page 5

From twitter

Who would have thought :) This is awesome!

This does not surprise me at all. I have 2 possible explanations (both of which may be in effect) for this:

(1) I observed in the Model S and Model X sub-forums several people who were on the fence and did not want to order a Model S until they knew what Model X had to offer. As the products are presently sold, Model S actually has more utility than Model X when it comes to hauling large items inside, while Model X is the better "people mover". With knowledge in head, people could feel confident in making a purchasing decision.

(2) The Model X event generated an enormous amount of mainstream press for Tesla (free advertising). This might have gotten new people to look at Tesla's website and decide to place an order for the Model S, which will be delivered much sooner than a Model X.

This does not surprise me at all. I have 2 possible explanations (both of which may be in effect) for this:
As the products are presently sold, Model S actually has more utility than Model X when it comes to hauling large items inside, while Model X is the better "people mover". With knowledge in head, people could feel confident in making a purchasing decision.
In this Article from Popular Mechanics they say, "The second-row seats in the Model X each float on a single beefy stanchion. Whether equipped with two or three seats in the second row, each chair can move fore/aft and adjust individually. The monopost design opens up under-seat storage for purses, laptop bags, and the like. While the second-row seats don't fold down, they do motor forward and tilt to open up enough rear cargo space to carry sheets of plywood, two-by-fours, or even a surfboard, a Tesla engineer reassured us."

The Seven Craziest Things About the Tesla Model X

I guess we will see in time, After all, folding flat does not have to be the only way to fit plywood or 2x4's in the back of a Model X.

Status
Not open for further replies.