Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i don't have the link but tesla spokesperson said:

"Consumer Reports also found that customers rate Tesla service and loyalty as the best in the world. Close communication with our customers enables Tesla to receive input, proactively address issues, and quickly fix problems. Over-the-air software updates allow Tesla to diagnose and fix most bugs without the need to come in for service. In instances when hardware needs to be fixed, we strive to make it painless."

Because it's good news for Tesla, not bad news as you are trying to spin it. More serious EV programs means public charging infrastructure build out.

If you're going to go on about how EVs are a niche market and this will crowd the space, then I (and most others here) disagree and believe it's one overall car market. If the Bolt AND Model 3 are compelling, there's no reason why they won't sell like hotcakes in lieu of gas cars.

Exactly this of course. TFTF and his fellow rabid bears are relying on a false premise, i.e. that there is no market for Tesla if the other OEM's build compelling EV's, (which by the way none of them have yet, and we are still waiting to see how compelling the Bolt will be, but I predict not so much). Of course TFTF never claims that an EV by GM will cut into EV sales from BMW, or vice versa, or any other OEM, only Tesla.

When all you do is bash a company at every possible moment, people stop listening to anything you say. You have been "tuned out". I can always expect guys like you to pop in this thread at moments like this screaming the sky is falling....

I didn't pile on the CR report. I pointed out that intense EV competition from the incumbents will lead to lower margins and a loss of any sustainable advantage - while Tesla will still have a sub 1% passenger car marketshare in 5-10 years even in a best-case scenario.

Doesn't add up with the current market cap - LG and Samsung can quickly ramp up supply chains if needed with capital from major car makers.

This will hit Tesla hard even if it manages to solve/improve its reliablity issues over time. But I'm not optimistic on that front either.

Even if Musk's statement about Model X being the "hardest car to build in the world" is hyperbole how will the outlook for the X look like when the 'simpler' S has such issues today?

We wil see how these fancy X Falcon doors will hold up over time...

Or does anyone predict the X will have a better reliability score than the S? I wouldn't bet on it.

omg, I was just afk for three hours, and then this drop!

anyway, after a few minutes of thought, I set buy limits at 180 USD and 170 USD, just in case sh** hits the fan (flinged by the usual suspects).

EDIT: don't feed the tfrolls.

Last edited:

Consumer Reports Will Have Zero Impact on Tesla (TSLA) Model S/Model X Sales - Global Equities (Trip Chowdry)

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...Model+X+Sales+-+Global+Equities/10987134.html
Chowdhry noted, About 2 years back, we saw one executive, entering into his Tesla Model S at Intuit's parking lot, through the window...I asked him..what's wrong with the car, he said, the door don't open, some software glitch, may get fixed in a few days....I said... you are looking like an idiot entering the car through the Window...he said, yes I know, but ...you know..once you drive Tesla, you will not like driving anything else....

:confused:

...I pointed out that intense EV competition from the incumbents....

Intense competition from this POS????? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

BOLT.JPG

Sorry if this has ever been discussed before, I've never followed this thread/discussion before. Has anyone considered that Tesla's stationary products are going to use second life batteries? Just think about the incredible position that Tesla currently holds, to possess the ability to acquire the largest fleet of second life batteries for pennies, and immediately sell them as stationary storage products.

Intense competition from this POS????? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!!

View attachment 98596

One last time: Focus on the LG innards, not the design. LG or similar suppliers can supply these EV kits to any large car maker...and they will try hard because of economies of scale once EVs / PHEVs become more mainstream.

There will be dozens of similar cars by around 2020, each one with a different design.

It's the same about people laughing about the BMW i3 design and not seeing the innards and innovative production methods. Or why do you think Apple was visiting BMW in Leipzig and also expressed high interest in their carbon fiber production supply chain?

Consumer Reports Will Have Zero Impact on Tesla (TSLA) Model S/Model X Sales - Global Equities (Trip Chowdry)

http://www.streetinsider.com/Analys...Model+X+Sales+-+Global+Equities/10987134.html

:confused:

The negative is of course that the door handles had issues. The positive is that despite the door handle issue, an executive of a very large company decided he would rather look totally ridiculous and roll down the windows to climb into his car than drive a different car. Which shows how dramatically more positive the overall experience of owning a Tesla vs. an ICE. Of course, I guess you would know better than me based on your signature. I only lease a Leaf, but would much rather drive it (within its ridiculously low range) than anything else. I know I'm probably weird, but I would gladly climb through the window of my Leaf vs. driving an ICE if the distance was within range.

tell me

who will buy a electric chevy sonic(ICE version msrp 14k) for 30K$ and can only drive at local

One last time: Focus on the LG innards, not the design. LG or similar suppliers can supply these kits to any large cat maker...and they eill because of economies of scale.

There will be dozens of such cars, each one with different design.

It's the same for people laughing about the BMW i3 design and not seeing the innards and innovative production methods. Or why do you think Apple was visiting BMW in Leipzig and also expressed high interest in the carbon fiber production?

Status
Not open for further replies.