Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On our drive from Savannah, GA to Charleston, WV, we saw only one Model S the entire time. We also saw only one car being towed the entire time. Sadly, they were one and the same. My wife looked at me and said, "are you sure that's a good investment?". It will sure leave you wondering when you only see one Model S on a 10 hour interstate road trip and it is being towed (well, on a flat bed). And it was around 7pm on Thanksgiving eve so I doubt it was associated with any service or delivery.

It was on I-77 the night before Thanksgiving, right at the North Carolina and Virginia state line (Fancy Gap). Was it any of you guys? I'm hoping that someone just made a huge mistake and run out of charge - tho even that does not bode well. I didn't see any damage on the car to indicate an accident (however, we couldn't see the passenger side at all).

On our drive from Savannah, GA to Charleston, WV, we saw only one Model S the entire time. We also saw only one car being towed the entire time. Sadly, they were one and the same. My wife looked at me and said, "are you sure that's a good investment?". It will sure leave you wondering when you only see one Model S on a 10 hour interstate road trip and it is being towed (well, on a flat bed). And it was around 7pm on Thanksgiving eve so I doubt it was associated with any service or delivery.

It was on I-77 the night before Thanksgiving, right at the North Carolina and Virginia state line (Fancy Gap). Was it any of you guys? I'm hoping that someone just made a huge mistake and run out of charge - tho even that does not bode well. I didn't see any damage on the car to indicate an accident (however, we couldn't see the passenger side at all).

How in the world does any of this belong in a short term Tsla price movements thread. I seriously hope that you don't expect to or anyone else to trade based on that.

So living in Austin I swear I used to see a broken down Tesla every couple of months. In the last year I haven't seen any. That is my opposite anecdote. Also, if you read the CR ratings you will see that the drivetrain reliability has actually improved. Heck even the forums you will see more people complaining about sunroof leaks than breakdowns. Also, don't overlook the 97% customer satisfaction rating.

How in the world does any of this belong in a short term Tsla price movements thread. I seriously hope that you don't expect to or anyone else to trade based on that.
We may not agree on a 2016 PT for TSLA but I agree that the post you referenced has no place on this thread and will have no impact on the price of TSLA short term (or long term):wink:

Perhaps a car being delivered to its new owner, somewhere on the east coast where Teslas are rarely seen. Evidence of further penetration of Tesla and a bullish signal? ;-)

Continuing to DCA J18s on dips, like this early AM. The Credit Suisse recent note is the first of many, IMO. While I do not see a short squeeze anytime soon I believe Leaps represent a good risk/reward to capture that squeeze.

AlMc, Which strikes are you buying?
bought a single $220 and 250 today. Tried to buy a couple more but TSLA went green. Will sit on my bid price today for more but doubt it will go through. TSLA has been trading sideways for the last year, overall so I hope to get some more with some inevitable dips. Maybe I will, maybe I won't get them for my bid price...one never knows with TSLA :wink:

Musk's Tesla faces German battle over battery-powered homes - Yahoo Finance
With the second-highest retail power costs in Europe, partly the result of the government's break-neck push into renewables, Germany's economy stands to gain massively if it can take a chunk of its back-up grid capacity offline.

Germany boasts about 39 gigawatts (GW) of installed solar capacity, bringing its total capacity to nearly 200 GW, more than twice the level it theoretically needs.

Vast amounts of costly back-up power are required to kick in when the sun doesn't shine. If homes, offices and factories can store their solar power, many of the country's power stations can be scrapped and transmission systems do not have to be extended at billions of euros of cost.

Incentives for solar power producers to feed surplus supplies into the national grid are set to end in 2021, providing a reason for them to store more power themselves....

Me either. I have every position that tanks after the MX reveal. Taking a break from playing till next spring. Hold and watch till above MX reveal levels or expire.

I never sold out. I keep buying more on the dips. As long as the price stays low, and Tesla keeps accomplishing more of its goals, the more confident I feel increase the % TSLA in my portfolio.

Cannot wait until the sold out bulls are forced to buy at higher levels

I have bought and sold multiple times. I hold a core share position. I have not always bought high and sold low but have found that TSLA is a momentum stock with a good deal of volitility. I have said before when everyone says 'get onboard now or you will miss the TSLA train' ( and we have heard that numerous times over the last two years) that I am content to sit in the second or third car on that train and tip my hat to all that are in the first car. Good investing fortune to all!

I have bought and sold multiple times. I hold a core share position. I have not always bought high and sold low but have found that TSLA is a momentum stock with a good deal of volitility. I have said before when everyone says 'get onboard now or you will miss the TSLA train' ( and we have heard that numerous times over the last two years) that I am content to sit in the second or third car on that train and tip my hat to all that are in the first car. Good investing fortune to all!

Personally, I like the view best from the locomotive, but we all know who gets hurt worst in a crash. Watching the J18 leaps, I see there are very few trades on up days right now. The leaps mostly sell when there's a dip or down day.

Status
Not open for further replies.