Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the guys at CR have fallen in love with Tesla, IMHO. this article comes across almost as an excuse to highlight Tesla's outstanding customer care while taking the opportunity to appear "fair and balanced", in that not wanting to come across as having lost one's critical faculties sort of way... gush, gush.

Expect a thousand articles about this tomorrow:

Consumer Reports' Tesla Model S P85D Breaks Before Testing Begins - Consumer Reports

Strange headline + summary when: "Getting our Tesla fixed could hardly have been more convenient. We called our local Tesla service center to have the car picked up and hauled 60 miles away to the service center for repair. But instead, the company sent a local technician to our Auto Test Center the next morning. Tesla maintains a fleet of repair vans with technicians to provide on-site service for minor problems. Such house calls are part of the Tesla ownership experience, available to all customers."

Last time it was the media who were wrong to report on Consumer Reports' slight Tesla problems and blow them out of proportion, but it seems like CR is doing that on their own this time around. They get around to fair reporting if you bother to watch the entire video or read the entire article....but I don't expect people to have the attention span for that. Really the subheadline should say "but everything is fine, Tesla service was a joy" or something like that. Since that's essentially the conclusion they reach in both the article and video anyway.

No, not this one.

Expect a thousand articles about this tomorrow:

Consumer Reports' Tesla Model S P85D Breaks Before Testing Begins - Consumer Reports

Strange headline + summary when: "Getting our Tesla fixed could hardly have been more convenient. We called our local Tesla service center to have the car picked up and hauled 60 miles away to the service center for repair. But instead, the company sent a local technician to our Auto Test Center the next morning. Tesla maintains a fleet of repair vans with technicians to provide on-site service for minor problems. Such house calls are part of the Tesla ownership experience, available to all customers."

Last time it was the media who were wrong to report on Consumer Reports' slight Tesla problems and blow them out of proportion, but it seems like CR is doing that on their own this time around. They get around to fair reporting if you bother to watch the entire video or read the entire article....but I don't expect people to have the attention span for that. Really the subheadline should say "but everything is fine, Tesla service was a joy" or something like that. Since that's essentially the conclusion they reach in both the article and video anyway.

The video has been out on Youtube for 2 days now with about 7k views - I've seen it the first day. Almost all comments start with how click bait the headline is. Not saying this won't be picked up today, but if people click on those articles and see that all the fuss is about a door handle, this may have the opposite effect they hoped fore. In my expreience people these days are very upset about click bait headlines and that's all you'll read in the comments.

the guys at CR have fallen in love with Tesla, IMHO. this article comes across almost as an excuse to highlight Tesla's outstanding customer care while taking the opportunity to appear "fair and balanced", in that not wanting to come across as having lost one's critical faculties sort of way... gush, gush.

Yeah, unfortunately last time they put out an article with the same balance, everyone else reported it as a solely negative thing. I well, I don't expect much effect on the stock. Just annoyances for all of us for a few weeks until people forget.

Well, is it good or bad? I just sold my jun. calls yesterday hoping/gambling to "roll" them on a small friday-dip today...

Well, I thought my 8 ball broke. So I am looking for the news, but the reporters are lazy and slow. This also made me feel bad for telling people to get out of june calls if it is true. Hope everyone already repositioned. Last time we were all expecting some type of news, just don't know when. Today is opex and no news is expected for a while...

I think 8 ball is broken. The magnitude of the effect is equivalent to an earnings beat.

edit: Personally, I would not trade this due to factors like opex, the exhaustion from news and most people on break after the current run up. So I only placed 1 lottery ticket worth of option on this because of my belief in 8 ball's accuracy.

Or Could it be that my mood actually affect Tesla stock price?

Last edited:
Well, I thought my 8 ball broke. So I am looking for the news, but the reporters are lazy and slow. This also made me feel bad for telling people to get out of june calls if it is true. Hope everyone already repositioned. Last time we were all expecting some type of news, just don't know when. Today is opex and no news is expected for a while...

I think 8 ball is broken. The magnitude of the effect is equivalent to an earnings beat.

edit: Personally, I would not trade this due to factors like opex, the exhaustion from news and most people on break after the current run up. So I only placed 1 lottery ticket worth of option on this because of my belief in 8 ball's accuracy.

Or Could it be that my mood actually affect Tesla stock price
?

Whatever it is, it is much more accurate than my 'lucky two headed coin flips'.

'effectively rendering the car undriveable'

so they couldn't just get in through the passenger-side door?

Actually, the car couldn't be started because it detected a fault, so no, just going through the passenger-side door would not have been an option if you wanted to drive with your key fob. However, they were able to get the car running with the smartphone app. Here's the relevant text from the article:

"....and significantly, with the car sensing a problem, wouldn’t drive. We were able to move the car a short distance, thanks to the smartphone app that allows us to unlock the car and authorize two minutes of keyless driving, requiring a spry staffer to crawl behind the steering wheel from the passenger seat."

Or Could it be that my mood actually affect Tesla stock price?

HOW!?!?! How do you do this!?!

This ain't that slow. Those are some big fat fast ticks up. Inverse to NASDAQ. What is going on? Someone know something we don't?

Causalien.....And I have NO idea how he does it.........Could also be the renewal of the Apple is already partnering with TM on the GF rumor/news.........

Sean Udall, CIO of Quantum Trading Strategies and author of The TechStrat Report, told Benzinga that he thinks investors are "misinterpreting" a lawsuit that might have revealed Apple's future plans. A123 Systems sued the Mac maker, claiming that it poached employees and is currently developing a "large-scale battery division." "I don't know if this has ever been publicly disclosed, but in my digging -- of all the digging and researching I do -- it seems to me that Apple is a funder of the Gigafactory," said Udall. "I cannot prove that. I don't know if it's ever been published as a definitive agreement. But I'm almost positive, just based on the research I've done, that Apple is a financial backer of Tesla's Gigafactory

Causalien.....And I have NO idea how he does it.........Could also be the renewal of the Apple is already partnering with TM on the GF rumor/news.........

Sean Udall, CIO of Quantum Trading Strategies and author of The TechStrat Report, told Benzinga that he thinks investors are "misinterpreting" a lawsuit that might have revealed Apple's future plans. A123 Systems sued the Mac maker, claiming that it poached employees and is currently developing a "large-scale battery division." "I don't know if this has ever been publicly disclosed, but in my digging -- of all the digging and researching I do -- it seems to me that Apple is a funder of the Gigafactory," said Udall. "I cannot prove that. I don't know if it's ever been published as a definitive agreement. But I'm almost positive, just based on the research I've done, that Apple is a financial backer of Tesla's Gigafactory

really would be nice to have this apple participation in GF get confirmed. Boom!

My thoughts in general have always been that as soon as an Apple or Google directly invest in Tesla, the stock will trade sharply higher. I'd love to see a minority investment.

Causa is a beast....I rolled my Junes this morning around 246$ thinking "nasdaq down tesla up, it's a miracle! get it before it's too late!"...... as soon as I saw causa's post I realised I was going to regret it....

really would be nice to have this apple participation in GF get confirmed. Boom!

My thoughts in general have always been that as soon as an Apple or Google directly invest in Tesla, the stock will trade sharply higher. I'd love to see a minority investment.

I don't think Apple is a gigafactory investor (yet). With this type of investment you would expect a certain level of cooperation and non-competition. The recruiting of the recruiters (Tesla to Apple and Apple to Tesla) disclosed in earlier messages leads me to believe that this investment has not yet occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.