Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I know this is the first time Panasonic Chairman & CEO Joe Taylor is confirming Tesla's goal of building 500000 vehicles by 2020 at CES: Yahoo
Some quotes of Panasonic Chairman & CEO Joe Taylor speech on twitter by Nick Statt:
"Panasonic today is the No. 1 supplier of lithium-ion batteries for automotive use globally."
""This represents the single largest investment in automative electric vehicle batteries in history," says Taylor about the Tesla Gigafactory."
"I'm not kidding, really. We're hiring," Taylor adds.
The Gigafactory is expected to employ more than 6,500 people in the state of Nevada.
48bf5c6d-5a3d-4d6f-b20e-0248ff5b2997.jpg

Just read that Toyota opened up their fuel cell patents. What a novel idea. Very generous of them to let everyone in on a technology that's DOA.

Haha! Yeah, they just said it in the CES show as well. Some 5600 global patents. Funny, I wonder where they got that idea from?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the start of a war between Tesla and Toyota... this is going to be interesting to watch.

Haha! Yeah, they just said it in the CES show as well. Some 5600 global patents. Funny, I wonder where they got that idea from?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the start of a war between Tesla and Toyota... this is going to be interesting to watch.

The irony is pretty striking. Shall we nickname Toyota Edison? Similar inferior product but more heavily marketed/advertised. Tesla will win this round as well, but this time will get the credit as well.

Oh the other side of the aisle looks like Volkwagon is coming out on the tech side with their Golf R Touch that has gesture controls and 3 screens. 12.8 main screen, 8 inch control screen and 12.3 instrument display. Going for a clean design... Removing all the buttons... Hrmmm wonder where they got that idea from? The only thing I see new out of this is the gesture controls and haptick feedback. Hopefully Tesla responds in kind with something great on the Model X.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and they are also doing a connected car. But their stuff is piggybacking off of the stuff that is already out there via Google and Apple. What is nice about this is that it isn't just google or apple or whatever but is being done for all the available connected options. Nothing I saw about improvements over time via software updates but hopefully we will start to see Tesla's influence in that regard as well.

Anyway I bring all this up since it impacts Tesla from a competition standpoint. Toyota with the patents and Hydrogen push and Volkswagen with the push into a more connected car and touch car. Both companies are certainly capable of outspending Tesla 10x over so if they get serious about fighting Tesla it is going to be interesting to watch that play out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. They clearly know they will never make money from FCVs. Otherwise they'd never reveal any of their patents. Toyota is not Tesla, they don't have a goal besides making money like Tesla does (accelerating the advent of electric transport).

Hmmm....time to buy? Or get greedy and hold out for $190....I missed $195 a few weeks ago and wasn't sure I would get another shot.

I made that mistake too. I had a buy order in at 192.55 and just missed back then. I have been picking up shares on these dips. I'm thinking the three day window of opportunity may have arrived. Today I did some selling of some other high fliers I had to balance out the portfolio, so I have a full year to deal with the tax consequences. I figure others are doing the same. I added a little to my Tesla core holdings and some other things that I thought were oversold or were otherwise looking promising. I still have some cash for unforeseen opportunities. There are so many wild cards to consider. Short term looks volatile. Long term looks as good as it ever did. I'm getting the impression that expectations are low for the short term.

I already read about this gap at 206. How do you manage to foresee this thing? (Maybe that you borrowed the crystal ball from Causalien? :biggrin:)
Gap-fill-theory...it basically says, that (almost) all gaps will be filled sooner or later. I think it's more a self-fulfilling prophecy. If enough people believe in it it becomes reality... no crystall ball here unfortunately... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.