Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VW Porsche recognizes tesla as the ev standard , they would be the natural buyers of the company.
This would create a massive squeeze.

Bmw, Mercedes and Toyota are too self important to bid for tesla.

VW owns Audi and Porche, IIRC. I believe their German heritage wouldn't allow VW to purchase Tesla - self importance lies there as well. They have something like 15 or so EV and PiHV models, if not more, slated for release over the next few years for plug-in vehicles, they have their own battery labs and seem to be looking to be be a major player on their own. I cannot see a buyout other than something wacky like the FB purchase of What's App for a huge premium - it would take one of the high-fliers who have tremendous cash to burn to buy into a market which today is not a profitable company. There needs to be some very visible profits each quarter for a while and if profits do come, the pps will be bid upwards causing buyers to turn away. The high pps today make it very hard to sell the company.

Is this a zen revelation? Do tell!

While we wait for Causa's 8-ball, here's an article I haven't seen posted yet. Our Norwegian friends may shed some light here, but this sounds great to me:

Model S to be 50 000th electric car in Norway. EV's to be 20% of all new cars sold so far this year. [Norwegian]

Yeah. We reached 50 k and no surprise it was a Tesla:) Background on this is government were to evaluate EV incentives after 50 000 vehicles. But sentiment is strong for continued incentives through 2017, which is next election year. So no tax on EV's until then:) So Tesla sales will continue strong in Norway. And especially now with the 70D , that takes away negative impact of dollar!

Yeah. We reached 50 k and no surprise it was a Tesla:) Background on this is government were to evaluate EV incentives after 50 000 vehicles. But sentiment is strong for continued incentives through 2017, which is next election year. So no tax on EV's until then:) So Tesla sales will continue strong in Norway. And especially now with the 70D , that takes away negative impact of dollar!

I saw a new P85D with registration number EL61xxx and it warmed my heart :)
(This doesn't mean 61k BEVs ever registered, since some number series have been skipped)

I'm surprised he has so few shares left.

He most likely gets regular (annual or quarterly) stock awards. Selling the shares as they vest is a prudent diversification strategy, particularly as he'll continue to get more shares awarded in the future.

Looking at the insider sales history for Tesla, you'll see he sold 8000 shares last April. Also, both sales are categorized as "Automatic Sales." It's normal for employees to have such autosale programs setup.

Does this mornings activity appear to anyone else like someone knows something and is trying to quietly accumulate?

At least quietly until we broke out over 208.

That was my first thought as well. Only news I could find is this Chinese article that had the headline "French Media: Tesla sales in China far better than expected" but I couldn't really make sense of the article translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.