Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That kinda sounds like a vote already happened...

No. Read the first paragraph:

"Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA.O) and SolarCity Corp (SCTY.O) could announce they have agreed to merge as early as Monday, people familiar with the matter said, setting the stage for a campaign to convince the two companies' shareholders to back the deal."

At Bonnie's party so I'll be brief. "Smoke & mirrors" only on Tesla side. Mostly hand assembled, very low volume. Line will be totally revamped and automated once real different sized cells in production. Stacks of empty boxes staged to impress. Watch bots carefully, they appear to be running in a loop, picking up and repositioning same pods. This seemed more for visuals than actual production.

• Funny
Reactions: Drax7
Plus, Elon didn't recuse himself from voting on competing offers as a SCTY shareholder so I don't think anyone else has a chance.

I don't know if he would do this. It's crappy optics. That being said, the possibility may act as a deterrent to other offers.

Either way, TSLA wouldn't let another offer be the reason they don't get SCTY.

I think the financial world (wrongly) sees SCTY as a sinking ship, because of the myopic mentality of Wall St that can't see past the current quarter. If you ask me, a go-shop provision is purely a token gesture to make it look like this isn't *just* because Elon wants it to happen.

There were long lines for the bar, the food (now there we were talking smoke and mirrors for sure) and the S and X test drives. While my daughter and I were in line for the food we got talking to a guy in front of us who thought that was the line for the X test drives. He was glad we told him he was in the wrong line. :) It was for the food which was almost completely gone by the time we got to the table except for a big bowl full of salami. Seriously salami? What little we did get was mostly just bread and bread sticks, though the tables were replenished multiple times after, we just didn't feel up to waiting in the long lines all over again. Elon needs to put some of his production efficiency ideas into food provision at the next events. To be fair there were also circulating wait staff with trays of tasty appetizer. And lots of alcohol of course.
fwiw, I head that the sandstorm before the rainstorm halted food delivery to the buffet, as well as the passed hours d'oevres. So, that started the wait times and it just never caught up.
Also, agree that the scale of the place just didn't come through until that vantage point at the end.

Reactions: madodel
I think the financial world (wrongly) sees SCTY as a sinking ship, because of the myopic mentality of Wall St that can't see past the current quarter.
Well, and because it's very *very* hard to make any sense out of SCTY's financials.
If you ask me, a go-shop provision is purely a token gesture to make it look like this isn't *just* because Elon wants it to happen.
If any other company makes an offer, they are either way better at reading SCTY's financials than anyone I've ever met, or more optimistic than Elon. Doesn't seem likely.

Reactions: Drax7
Reuters Article re Solar City and Tesla Merger

Last paragraph

Tesla took a hit on June 30 when the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration disclosed it was investigating a fatal accident that killed the driver of a Tesla Model S while he was using the car's 'Autopilot' system, which takes partial control of steering and braking.
Since then, Musk has both defended the Autopilot technology, and moved aggressively to change the subject.

(Reporting by Liana B. Baker and Greg Roumeliotis in New York; Additional reporting by Joseph White in Detroit; Editing by Sandra Maler)

I do not understand these comments " and moved aggressively to change the subject"

Makes me discount the entire story , also note one editor from "Detroit " ??

Status
Not open for further replies.