Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think that an intelligent CEO would realize today's short attack on TSLA's excellent ER is entirely possible and would have scheduled additional events in the coming 10 days to redirect the story to a positive one. Oh, never mind ...

Sadly, I don't think we can blame the shorts for all of this. Shares at IB have barely been touched. Even if fidelity i showing at 600-800k drop in available shares. With 10mm traded today. It appears to be mass selling.

Not all views are equivalent, and not all views are worthy of contemplation, or are due respect.

You don't have to agree or respect a different viewpoint, but I think it is childish to use words like "hater" because one assumes that market movers are emotionally "hating" a stock vs. just making bets based on their different viewpoints.

Besides, calling people names who disagrees with you just makes one a "hater"

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
To be fair, perhaps Adam Jonas has decided that Tesla is on track with his former assessment, so with a $333 PT it's fine? We get to see how TE and TN fare soon, such as TE in the next year and TN in the next 4 years, and adjustments can be made along that course. It's the other PT's from others that are lower than $333 because they failed to consider TE and TN, that should be raised.

His price target isn't $333 anymore, he moved it down to $245 after solarcity was announced and removed TE and tesla mobility from his model. And he is refusing to add TE and tesla mobility back in even now after they are becoming far more tangible than his initial upgrade way in advance for TE and tesla mobility.

You would think that an intelligent CEO would realize today's short attack on TSLA's excellent ER is entirely possible and would have scheduled additional events in the coming 10 days to redirect the story to a positive one. Oh, never mind ...

If only they had an exceptionally smart CEO...

IMG_2913.JPG

SolarCity ‏@solarcity 22h22 hours ago Westlake, OH

Thanks to all our customers! It’s been a great couple of months – we installed more solar than we expected including our 300,000th customer!

I'm having a terrible day, I've lost a ton of money in options. I'm completely confused.. yet I had to chuckle at the gif posted in the comments section on the SC tweet. These days will come and go. Our thesis is stronger than ever. I think I'm going to grab some food, pretend the market doesn't exist for an hour and hopefully come back thinking a little more clearly. GL everyone.

Sadly, I don't think we can blame the shorts for all of this. Shares at IB have barely been touched. Even if fidelity i showing at 600-800k drop in available shares. With 10mm traded today. It appears to be mass selling.

If the shorts used the half million shares effectively today, it makes a big difference in the day's trading. Begin with an effort to top the SP at 214 today then lower it to 213 and then as low as you can get it EXACTLY LIKE THEY DID AFTER THE Q3 DELIVERY NUMBERS CAME OUT. This plan prevented a panic in the ranks of the shorts. Then you have small longs getting nervous because the SP is falling and taking away all the gains, and you have selling simply because the stock price is falling. You have algobots selling because the SP is going down, so there's really a multiplier effect from the work of the shorts earlier. The big institutional investors are saying, "Great, I'll just wait and pick up shares that are cheaper," so they're not helping matters any.

What we need is for Elon to let more of the good cats out of the bag and start the SP heading higher. If you can get the shorts worried enough to start bailing, the game changes. Let's see what news we get on Friday night and on Nov 1.

SolarCity ‏@solarcity 22h22 hours ago Westlake, OH

Thanks to all our customers! It’s been a great couple of months – we installed more solar than we expected including our 300,000th customer!

Thanks to all here who pointed out the (obvious, I know) arbitrage/underpricing of SCTY.
I have done really well with that!

Anyone think there is any real risk of it not closing and then taking a dive?

It seems that the shorts won't become fearful until TSLA is capable of a big jump, which it won't do while still in the penalty box over SCTY. A change in sentiment over time with regard to Tesla is the answer to the penalty box. With small bumps in the SP, more shorts probably jump in thinking the stock is getting even more over priced and should go down when the dust settles. They are undoubtedly emboldened by most of the analysts continuing to doubt Tesla. Existing shorts hang on because it's not a bad loss yet and they are pessimistically optimistic that the stock will drop. This is the reverse of what we do when we ride out a drop. As longs, we can stay with it as long as we want. They probably can't do that as it rises substantially, but if they are convinced the SP will tank they will almost certainly ride out a modest rise (loss) of less than 7 or 8% I would guess. Seems to make some sense anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.