Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need full autonomy to recognize the full 8k. But being on par with AP1.0 should be able to recognize the first 5k or even more (their are more hardware after all).
Regardless of the additional hardware, Tesla will need deliver incremental features beyond the capability of AP1.0 before they can recognize any of the $3K/car revenue for the FSD option.

My bad! Thanks for pointing that out. However my challenge still stands. I question the ability of a BEV with an EPA rating of 238 miles and a drag coefficient worse than a Model S to make it 215 miles on I5 without driving considerably slower than the speed limit and the traffic flow.

The thing with electric cars is that the faster you go, the longer you have to stop to recharge (unless you reach your desination before any recharge :)). The slower I-99 corridor can actually be better for Evs. It also has less cross winds compared to I-5.

Car and driver drove the Bolt 192 miles at 75 mph. At 65-70 mph, it may make the 212 miles. If you really like the Bolt's spacious interiors and you really must drive the I-5 corridor and really want to drive at I-5 speeds of 80 mph, then you will have to wait a bit till the I-5 charging corridor is ready.
Signage-Pending - Alternative Fuel Corridors - Environment - FHWA
EV_corridor_CA.JPG

Tesla aren't charging for charging, they're charging for using as parking, the "free for life" model for pre 31/12 cars remains intact
Sorry but Tesla specified that whatever name is on the M3 reservation is the name that must be on the registration when the car is delivered. So no ability to give/sell your spot to someone else.

That maybe so, but won't stop you making a deal with someone and then having you buy it on their behalf and immediately transferring ownership.

The thing with electric cars is that the faster you go, the longer you have to stop to recharge (unless you reach your desination before any recharge :)).

Yes, but the thing with electric cars is that so long as the recharge rate is faster than the depletion rate the shorter your overall time. For example:

I drive the 150 miles between my house and Harris Ranch in my Model S at 62.5 mph and achieve the rated range of 3.3 miles/kwh.
- time used 144 minutes
- kWh used 45
- supercharge time 30 minutes (@90kW)
- total time 174 minutes

I drive the same 150 miles at 75 mph and only get 2.5 miles/kwh
- time used 120 minutes
- kWh used 60
- supercharge time 40 minutes (@90kW)
- total time 160 minutes

I'd rather go faster. It saves on overall time. At least it does when you can utilize a supercharger network.

Last edited:
Yes, but the thing with electric cars is that so long as the recharge rate is faster than the depletion rate the shorter your overall time. For example:

I drive the 150 miles between my house and Harris Ranch in my Model S at 62.5 mph and achieve the rated range of 3.3 miles/kwh.
- time used 144 minutes
- kWh used 45
- supercharge time 30 minutes (@90kW)
- total time 174 minutes

I drive the same 150 miles at 75 mph and only get 2.5 miles/kwh
- time used 120 minutes
- kWh used 60
- supercharge time 40 minutes (@90kW)
- total time 160 minutes

I'd rather go faster. It saves on overall time. At least it does when you can utilize a supercharger network.

That's why I ALWAYS drive 200kmph between the SuC's in Germany, it's not that I'm reckless, it's sensible!

There is sizable borrowing activity at Fidelity today, around 187k shares were borrowed for shorting since 8:00am:]

And it shows in the SP action. Anybody still sceptic about shorts strategy pushing the SP down by dumping large lots of shares on the market in very short time and then slowly cover can see a perfect example (again) today.

I can not find any negative news, opposite actually, and Nasdaq up. This was a planned action to try to push SP below 200.

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
GM versus Tesla: Pre-Production Comparison for Meeting Model 3 Deliveries At 2017's End - Inside EVs

Good article related to discussions here about model 3 production timelines.

"
  • In the case of the Bolt EV we had sightings and articles describing a test fleet of 55 vehicles a full 1.5 years from production start. In Model S case we had articles written and test vehicles sighted a full 1.75 years prior to production start. Here we are 1 year away from production start for model 3 and how many reported sightings of test fleet have we seen? Close to zero."
So the question is; where is the Model 3 test fleet?

"
  • In the case of the Bolt EV we had sightings and articles describing a test fleet of 55 vehicles a full 1.5 years from production start. In Model S case we had articles written and test vehicles sighted a full 1.75 years prior to production start. Here we are 1 year away from production start for model 3 and how many reported sightings of test fleet have we seen? Close to zero."
My bet is: autonomously driving around and supercharging inside a Tesla owned warehouse somewhere.

Cheaper and can rack up more miles in less time than having meatbags do it on real roads, with the added bonus of not leaking photos or specs to the public before such releases are desired.

My bet is: autonomously driving around and supercharging inside a Tesla owned warehouse somewhere.

Cheaper and can rack up more miles in less time than having meatbags do it on real roads, with the added bonus of not leaking photos or specs to the public before such releases are desired.

Not to mention we have seen a few model 3s on occasion. I really doubt they only made 1 or 2.

Indoors. You can bet on it. Tesla has become extremely disciplined when it comes to information leaks. Way more so than any other company I've followed. (This is a fairly recent change but it was quite evident in the leadup to Model X and to the Model S facelift.) We've seen a couple, and I'll make a wild guess that they were in transit from one indoor test location to another.

Reactions: techmaven
Status
Not open for further replies.