Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those who bought these low-speed EVs would buy a Tesla anyway.

China doesn't want cheap, dangerous golf carts, made by questionable companies crowding up the streets. These low range and inefficient vehicles defeat the purpose of using Electric Vehicles. Many of these vehicles rely on questionable materials, are not safe, and are a step backwards for technology. Many people buy "golf carts", Rik Shaws, or Tuk Tuks to avoid needing to pay the VERY hefty fees that come with new vehicles. Many of the vehicles are not treated as vehicles. Furthermore, even inefficient and dangerous EVs are currently eligible for incentives, making them practically free, assuming you don't value safety or reliability.

The move by Beijing to force inefficient low range EVs off the road will be a significant benefit for any company building long range, efficient, and safe EVs, such as Tesla.

On the newsworthy front-I stopped by my local Tesla Blue Ash, OH Saturday night. I was astounded there were the largest number of S vehicles ready for delivery I have ever seen. I counted 15 !

Bittersweet note- I will NOT be able to reserve a 3 on March 31st AM as I am changing jobs

I currently work very close to the Tesla store and would have been able to stop by and reserve early.

Now I will have to wait until 5:30pm ish to reserve costing me several thousand spots in line. :cursing:

Those "golf carts" cost about a ludicrous upgrade or less in China. Again, totally different market.
China doesn't want cheap, dangerous golf carts, made by questionable companies crowding up the streets. These low range and inefficient vehicles defeat the purpose of using Electric Vehicles. Many of these vehicles rely on questionable materials, are not safe, and are a step backwards for technology. Many people buy "golf carts", Rik Shaws, or Tuk Tuks to avoid needing to pay the VERY hefty fees that come with new vehicles. Many of the vehicles are not treated as vehicles. Furthermore, even inefficient and dangerous EVs are currently eligible for incentives, making them practically free, assuming you don't value safety or reliability.

The move by Beijing to force inefficient low range EVs off the road will be a significant benefit for any company building long range, efficient, and safe EVs, such as Tesla.

In the past 6 months, many stocks got heavily attacked by short sellers. Some of them dropped 80~90%. Among all of them, TSLA remained quite strong. I am sure some shorts are surprised by the TSLA resilience. I think the intrinsic value is the fundamental reason. There are other reasons too. Many TSLA investors are quite intelligent, they understand the company, understand the huge future potential and the high possibility to achieve the success. They add more on low prices instead of panic selling. For my own account, I don't set stop-loss on TSLA. Instead, I use trading profit from other stocks to keep adding onto TSLA. My earliest batch was $30, the most recent batch was aftermarket around $138, right after the quarterly results. At that time, I didn't mind if that's the lowest, what I was thinking was "that's an amazing price, I just buy it, if it goes lower, I will buy more". I am sure lots of longs are doing the same approach. Shorts really can not do much about it. A few days ago Jesse wrote a piece explaining the thought process of two types of shorts (based on fundamental based and technical based). I think Jesse was spot on. Really appreciate it. In the long run, the fundamental based shorts will be hurt the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.