Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3959510-tesla-suckers-bet?

Oh here is short exasperation as high comedy if ever I saw it.

Just a hint to its author: The reason why the historical average returns in the legacy car industry sucks so badly is because it ended up with all the engineering, competitive and manufacturing risks of providing a transport solution while the dealers, oil industry and taxi services made off with almost all of the money.

Tesla is executing its way towards consolidating the whole lot at a price point none of them can compete with.

What are people expecting for Q1 delivery? Will a delivery miss derail the rally?
Here is the latest CVRP status updated Mar 7th. 587 in January, 196 in February. Both lower than 2015 yoy.
CVRP Rebate Statistics

View attachment 167578

I was also hoping to hear back from anticitizen on Model X prep time, to figure out if a huge delivery is practically possible in March. Model 3 reservation preparation seems to add extra headache this quarter end.
I don't think the Q1 delivery matters that much. The market looks forward. If the Model X ramp gets confirmed, we will anticipate a huge Q2 and a great full year. We know model 3 reservation will be a huge number. There is a large group of investors on Tesla that consider themselves permanent bull. This group collectively has unlimited amount of money (through trading and dividend on other stocks). They keep adding regardless of the short term movement. I am ready to add another large chunk, pullbacks would be great, I don't bet on that. Eventually all shares will fall into this groups' hands. I don't know how will shorts cover.

BTW reports of Uber setting out to buy 100,000 autonomous Merecedes S Class signals the end of Uber as a Unicorn and possibly the beginning of the end of Uber.

This is a classic mistake on the part of Kalanik - Failure to understand what business he is actually in / buying his own BS.

Uber is not the disruptive hardware as a service company (HAAS) that Kalanik says it is. Uber is a bring your own device (BYOD) labor exchange.

By alienating the BYOD labor supply Uber has no significant value-add that it can charge money for and by buying hardware from third parties, no longer is it a Napster of automotive, it's just a car rental company - one that Mercedes can disintermediate in a heartbeat and Tesla can wipe out with fleets of autonomous EVs and a network of charges and service centers that cost next to nothing to operate per mile - i.e. total cost of fleet ownership less than the gasoline alone required to operate the Mercedes.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog and Gerardf
I'm selling. I'm almost completely out of the calls I added during the first month or so of the year. Will soon be back to just my core position.

Me too. Exiting part of my Jun16 210 call position here, bougt early this year, now up to 300% and getting deeper ITM. Will hold part of it a bit further but likely exit completely before the 31st. (Referring to the June 2016 call position here)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.