Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dx0EhvK.jpg

I am out of the loop here. I cannot parse this tweet and I am not getting the cowbell stuff.

(I am well aware of the very funny SNL cowbell skit, just not the connection here)

cowbell.JPG

Is this just a bad joke or is there some message I am supposed to be getting out of it?

I am out of the loop here. I cannot parse this tweet and I am not getting the cowbell stuff.

(I am well aware of the very funny SNL cowbell skit, just not the connection here)

View attachment 171725
Is this just a bad joke or is there some message I am supposed to be getting out of it?
There's an Easter egg in the AP MS cars. Activate AP then pull back on the AP stalk 5 times quickly and the lane turns into a rainbow one from Mario kart or something :p

View attachment 171725

New easter egg: in AP cars if you tap the AP activation button on the stalk 4 times quickly the image of the road on the dash turns into this:

image.png

Basically Elon is a grown child. Who loves cowbell.

Excellent non-event. FUD running out of steam

Couldn't agree more. Although I wouldn't call this a non event. In a way, it's another sign that Tesla is proactive about addressing problems. Elon has already said Tesla has been having some problems with a few of the suppliers for the Model X.

In this case, the problem was with the supplier, not Tesla. In all likelihood, Tesla won't need to spend much to fix this problem. If the supplier truly is 100% at fault, the supplier will likely need to pay to fix the problem. This might be another reason why Model X deliveries were a little below expectation.

So were there what, 5, 10 people swallowed up by these man-eating seats? Why have we not heard of all the mayhem and deaths caused by these man-eating seats. I'm sure any minute Anton or one of the other Seeking Alpha angels will produce an article on this to inform the masses and of course Canker Sore Research will put out a new downgrade.

• Funny
Reactions: BriansTesla and Ryo
Couldn't agree more. Although I wouldn't call this a non event. In a way, it's another sign that Tesla is proactive about addressing problems. Elon has already said Tesla has been having some problems with a few of the suppliers for the Model X.

In this case, the problem was with the supplier, not Tesla. In all likelihood, Tesla won't need to spend much to fix this problem. If the supplier truly is 100% at fault, the supplier will likely need to pay to fix the problem. This might be another reason why Model X deliveries were a little below expectation.

Indeed, the recawl was really not a negative and could be perceived as a positive. The pullback from the day’s high was likely due to disappointment that none of our conjectures preceding the revelation was true, along with afternoon weakness in the overall market. But virtually all of our suppositions will likely be announced before too long.

If the supplier truly is 100% at fault, the supplier will likely need to pay to fix the problem.

Correct. Multiple news outlets have confirmed that Futuris, who supplies the 3rd row seats (2nd row now in-house), will pay for all expenses related to the "rekall." Much harder for bears to spin this negatively when there are no financial repercussions for Tesla.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: InTheShadows
Correct. Multiple news outlets have confirmed that Futuris, who supplies the 3rd row seats (2nd row now in-house), will pay for all expenses related to the recall. Much harder for bears to spin this negatively when there are no financial repercussions for Tesla.

On top of that, neither Tesla nor Futuris has to pay the extortionate hourly rates that franchised dealerships charge manufacturers for warranty/recawl work. Salaried Tesla employees will have to be in the shops anyway. When I had my $0.57 ignition switch replaced by a simple and quick procedure at a Chevy dealer for my recawled Cobalt, the service writer told me that they would charge General Motors $200.

... and of course Canker Sore Research will put out a new downgrade.

Madodel, don't you think it's a bit heavy-handed to compare the kind of companies that have recently put out downgrades of TSLA with canker sores? I mean, has a canker sore ever killed anyone? We'll likely hear a protest from the American Canker Sore Coalition (ACSC) before the day is up because you've compared this relatively-benign affliction with that special brand of FUD-merchants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.