Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Thursday morning (19th May) Pre-Market I wrote a message emphatically ending that call and calling instead for a reversal to the upside - and I followed that up three times during the day. Basically BUY, and Like guys, not kidding here, Just sayin' - while watching the SP go to $207.28 and soar to $218 AH and on to $220 the day after. This IMO is an enduring reversal, not a flash in the pan.

This sounds like much more than an "eat my socks" guarantee....more like "dirty shorts" time?

Julian?

Hi Chaps (and Chap-ettes). Julian Cox here.

There appears to have been a technical fault with my @Julian Cox TMC account which means that I could see my messages but nobody else could - so I have been typing away unbeknown that nobody could read what I wrote (since May 13th). Lucky for some shorts perhaps - but not for the people I respect and want to talk to.

View attachment 177513

Welcome back Julian, you have been missed. :)

This sounds like much more than an "eat my socks" guarantee....more like "dirty shorts" time?

Julian?

Hesitate to call a PT because it looks too good to be true. +$30 looks safe but so does +$60 with nothing to tell them apart or to say +$60 is any kind of a barrier.

Much nicer to be able to say SP will go up until or unless xyx occurs and we know when xyx is scheduled.

What we have now is a TU part of a DTU smorgasbord with cash at the outset of the TU part.

Shareholders meeting, GF unveil, nice looking Q2, meanwhile every bear argument of any note is now dead.

A Recently published survey of self identified EV and PHEV owners and prospective owners covering well over 1000 respondents (with non-owners strongly represented) basically shows circa 80% target market interest in Tesla products when including S&X as well as the M3, and a 60% level of importance of the Tesla Supercharger network when considering any plug in car. A higher % than that went to things like do you care for the environment to which nobody is going to say no. Lower on the list was the attraction of fuel cost savings. GM Bolt was exciting to 4-6% of respondents but it is not ruled out that 60% of that 4-6% answered that the SC network (or something like it) was a prerequisite to actually buy it when the time comes nor excludes the possibility that much of the remainder thought it was really important.

Nobody buys the idea that raising the price of a B-Class or Subcompact vehicle automatically makes into a C-Class or E-Class vehicle. At least not amongst car buyers. Some sellers (and hence bears) may differ in their opinion but that is irrelevant. Fuel savings matter so does home charging, so does acceleration and the flexibility to upgrade an EV"s battery in future. The latter puts a damper on numerous designs with integrated batteries, many of which have not even been launched - i.e. Designed for failure.

That pretty much sums up the competition which for Tesla just leaves execution which is now de-risked at least financially. As for supply chain risk, it's a fair bet that any supplier commenting that it is difficult to meet Tesla's pace has basically been deselected or was never approached. Panasonic petty much sets the tone - "we are at Tesla's beck and call with project finance money or anything else they need so long as we're not the bottleneck". I suspect the whole M3 supply chain generally feels the same way both regards the carrot as well as the stick: Screw this up just one little bit and we in-source your role forever and then instead of getting paid for doing a great job on time you can consider yourself deleted from the future of the automobile.

Hard to see where the SP limit is from here to Decenber 31st except on SP technicals which are always more vague.

Last edited:
Here: Yes, subscribe me to this list.

It's a free email sign up from the above link, recommended. Insights are excellent.

I think that link got me in to your profile Julian.

One should go to the cleantechnica homepage, scroll down a bit and on the right side of the page find the box pictured below to subscribe:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Hesitate to call a PT because it looks too good to be true. +$30 looks safe but so does +$60 with nothing to tell them apart or to say +$60 is any kind of a barrier.

Much nicer to be able to say SP will go up until or unless xyx occurs and we know when xyx is scheduled.

What we have now is a TU part of a DTU smorgasbord with cash at the outset of the TU part.

Shareholders meeting, GF unveil, nice looking Q2, meanwhile every bear argument of any note is now dead.

Fuel savings matter so does home charging, so does acceleration and the flexibility to upgrade an EV"s battery in future. The latter puts a damper on numerous designs with integrated batteries, many of which have not even been launched - i.e. Designed for failure.M

That pretty much sums up the competition. which for Tesla just leaves execution which is now de-risked at least financially. As for supply chain risk, it's a fair bet that any supplier commenting that it is difficult to meet Tesla's pace has basically been deselected or was never approached. Panasonic petty much sets the tone - "we are at Tesla's beck and call with project finance money or anything else they need so long as we're not the bottleneck". I suspect the whole M3 supply chain generally feels the same way both regards the carrot as well as the stick: Screw this up just one little bit and we in-source your role forever and then instead of getting paid for doing a great job on time you can consider yourself deleted from the future of the automobile.

Hard to see where the SP limit is from here to Decenber 31st except on SP technicals which are always more vague.

Welcome back Julian!

1. Integrated battery that can't be upgraded. Who's dumb enough to do that? Is that even legal in the U,S.?

2. The market clearly overpriced the execution risk. But what makes you think that's over?

3. Why do you think that the market has finished worrying about finances? Quite a few people on this forum seem to think that this is the first raise our of 3 or 4?

I agree that this was a bottom and I don't see any good reasons for the SP to go back down between now and December but I'm not sure that the market is smart enough to figure that out.

Welcome back Julian!

1. Integrated battery that can't be upgraded. Who's dumb enough to do that? Is that even legal in the U,S.?

2. The market clearly overpriced the execution risk. But what makes you think that's over?

3. Why do you think that the market has finished worrying about finances? Quite a few people on this forum seem to think that this is the first raise our of 3 or 4?

I agree that this was a bottom and I don't see any good reasons for the SP to go back down between now and December but I'm not sure that the market is smart enough to figure that out.

With finances an obstacle story does not matter. More promises just sound like more bills to pay. Markets over-emphasise the importance of money - both the presence and the presumed absence of it.

With finances not a near term obstacle Musk is free to unleash hell on the shorts and it will stick. Numerous occasions for that inbound plus hard results on Q2 to look forward to. Can resume anticipation of Q3 ATH bond raiser.

It is a reasonable assumption that GS is equally encouraged by the prospect.

One other important factor to the markets is Musk de-leveraging himself on the recent round. Musk's circular borrowings to buy TSLA stocks and vest TSLA options with lending backed by TSLA stocks was a vulnerability that is now effectively retired. It shouldn't matter but it does because it invited back room plotting to overthrow Musk with a vortex black swan of malicious shorting and margin calls.

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7
That would be Publicly Documented and Date-Stamped IN ADVANCE Calls of TSLA's stock movements for the whole year to date - and counting. If you can not figure out how to get an edge from knowing the TSLA stock price will be IN ADVANCE. Then I guess you signed up for the wrong sport freshman. Maybe you should try the Underwater Shorting team?

If you actually could predict short term movements with a very high chance of success the annualized return you would be able to make using options would be several hundred percent, at least. So either you are a billionaire hanging out on an internet forum putting lots of effort into sharing your insight that allows for better returns than anybody has seen over a long period of time without any comparison (10 times the returns of Warren Buffett), or you have just had a lucky streak or are cherrypicking predictions. I wonder which one it is.

Reactions: JamesTSLA
I'm thinking that Perfectlogic is really posting for visitors to this forum now, since regular forum members for the most part have lost interest in the debate. If a moderator could move recent demand-related discussions, both bullish and bearish posts, to the demand thread, then they would remove some of the incentive for the incessant postings of Perfectlogic.

Thanks mods.

I am actually perplexed by the number of people who doesn't understand this concept.

There are army of people will keep debating with you regardless. I suggest you can stop arguing with them and come back only on quarterly base. The ultimate question is how come Tesla consistently miss quarterly/annual guidance while demand isn't a problem. It's been proved in 2014/2015 and 2016 Q1 so far.

• Disagree
Reactions: esk8mw
I have already posted more than once that I was very bullish for years on Tesla and owned shares until the X reveal last year. You guys just can't get anything right.

There are army of people defending TSLA for years, interpret everything of Tesla is positive and can't tolerate any negatives . Certainly their enthusasim is broken with stock price performance. LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.