Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That gives him till July to cover, if he is smart. It goes without saying that he already blew his chance to be wise.

BTW, I have no formal psychological training, but it appears to me that his taken screen name (Logical Thought) is desperately trying to convey something that he, perhaps subconsciously, feels is missing...

That gives him till July to cover, if he is smart. It goes without saying that he already blew his chance to be wise.

BTW, I have no formal psychological training, but it appears to me that his taken screen name (Logical Thought) is desperately trying to convey something that he, perhaps subconsciously, feels is missing...

You're on to something there Dr. Freud. Imagine if someone took the screen name "Perfect Logic"... Maybe that too would be the subconscious screaming out? :)

You're on to something there Dr. Freud. Imagine if someone took the screen name "Perfect Logic"... Maybe that too would be the subconscious screaming out? :)

Yep, I'll give you two more: Dr ValueSeeker, TFTF (Tales From The Future).

It appears to be quite a popular psychological condition among TSLA bears...

You don't need any psychological training to recognise from his Twitter feed that he has some "interesting" obsessive and compulsive issues with $TSLA and Musk. I wonder how is hedge fund clients feel.....

Any idea how much local content China requires. Can they just build gliders in China and avoid the import duty?
I can't say for certain on this as I never studied this part. But I think they at least need to have the majority of the glider made in China to qualify the exemption of import duty. Could be the whole glider. But this does not mean Tesla needs to fully pay for the new factories, raw materials, workers wages, etc for making the glider, that's what JV is for. Usually auto manufacturing JV in China have a 50/50 ownership split between the foreign company and the local partner (usually a Chinese state owned enterprise). Some go 40/60, some go 60/40, but most don't differ much away from 50/50 IIRC

I'm guessing tftf will never payup. Let me know if he does - I'll send you a bottle of red to go with for your public service in reducing nonsense on this board.

Which bet? I don't bet, otherwise please remind me with an URL or copy of said bet. You probably confound me with someone else.

Btw, the Gigafactory is far from finished. It's a pilot at 14% of the total planned floor space. Let me know when it's at 100% including the promised recycling facilities and sub-suppliers (so far, I only see Panasonic).

Last edited:
BTW tftf, now that you appeared again. You lost the bet with me on Gigafactory. It is online now. 1 year early. You owe me steak dinner. I want a prime grade sirloin steak 3 inches thick, medium rare.

See my answer above. And did know you that eating meat, especially beef, is really bad for the planet?

Giving up beef will reduce carbon footprint more than cars, says expert

More carbon footprint than all those evil ICE cars combined.

When do you and all the other Tesla drivers concerned about Mother Earth go vegan?

Last edited:
Clearly the shorts should be concerned about today's trading. Even after-hours trading showed a slow but steady march in an upward direction. Investors do indeed like the oversubscription to the TSLA stock sale.

Looking at the Shorts' playbook, page 234, it says in such a case to introduce a FUD attack, followed by a flurry of short selling at some time in the day to break the momentum. Are you listening Wall Street Journal and Los Angeles Times? Looking forward to tomorrow's trading to see what lies in store.

Back on track:

Someone asked a few pages back about the next 30 days. I see the following potentially influential events:

Tesla Motors Shareholder Meeting - new information next week could give a boost, but I'm not counting on it. The most likely outcome here IMO is idiotic questions from the audience that waste everyone's precious time.

Brexit Vote - 23 June. Voters in the UK decide whether to exit the European Union. Should the UK decide on secession, I believe that the uncertainty of the economic impact will throw equities markets generally into chaos.

Q2 '16 deliveries - a bit more than 30 days out, but this should give some indication on how well Tesla is meeting guidance, and whether Model X production is truly ramped up.

I have no idea how these factors will ultimately affect TSLA. I only list them as events that could have impact.

Reactions: Lessmog and SBenson
Status
Not open for further replies.