Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if those people know he is an unhinged troll?

He's worse. I think what he's doing might be some sort of fraud. His "hedge fund" is registered to an apartment with an estimated value about equal to the value of his hedge fund. It looks like he might be playing financial games for tax reasons, using tactics that might be illegal.

He's worse. I think what he's doing might be some sort of fraud. His "hedge fund" is registered to an apartment with an estimated value about equal to the value of his hedge fund. It looks like he might be playing financial games for tax reasons, using tactics that might be illegal.

If this were indeed the case one would think he'd avoid bringing so much attention on himself. Then again he doesn't seem too "logical."

He is often the first to comment on a Seeking Alpha article about Tesla, usually just a few minutes after it has been published. A couple of years ago in not so polite words he called me a liar and wished me down into a hole, after I had noted that he had been writing negatively about Tesla at Seeking Alpha ever since the very day of Tesla’s IPO at $17 in June of 2010. He offered $100 to see proof. When I provided proof, he did agree to send the money, so I’ll give him credit for that. I declined to provide the address for check delivery, largely because he seemed to need the money much more than me.

He does manage to get some financial journalists to quote him as an authoritative hedge fund source regarding Tesla, most notably at the Los Angeles Times. The obsessive manner of his voluminous twitter rants about Tesla perhaps gives some cause to feel sorry for him. He needs to realize that the primary job of a fund manager is to anticipate where other market participants are going to choose to put their money in the near future, not to tell them where they should. When clearly wrong, a good fund manager admits his mistake and cuts his losses. Any investors his fund may have besides himself would expect that. If he posts here, I have not figured out what his screen name is.

He is often the first to comment on a Seeking Alpha article about Tesla, usually just a few minutes after it has been published. A couple of years ago in not so polite words he called me a liar and wished me down into a hole, after I had noted that he had been writing negatively about Tesla at Seeking Alpha ever since the very day of Tesla’s IPO at $17 in June of 2010. He offered $100 to see proof. When I provided proof, he did agree to send the money, so I’ll give him credit for that. I declined to provide the address for check delivery, largely because he seemed to need the money much more than me.

He does manage to get some financial journalists to quote him as an authoritative hedge fund source regarding Tesla, most notably at the Los Angeles Times. The obsessive manner of his voluminous twitter rants about Tesla perhaps gives some cause to feel sorry for him. He needs to realize that the primary job of a fund manager is to anticipate where other market participants are going to choose to put their money in the near future, not to tell them where they should. When clearly wrong, a good fund manager admits his mistake and cuts his losses. Any investors his fund may have besides himself would expect that. If he posts here, I have not figured out what his screen name is.

I'm still not convince his hedge fund is real. In his SEC filings he does not state he has any licenses or financial qualifications. The only conference calls his hedge fund has been part of were for companies that are very small and unknown and it's not clear if he had any business being part of those conference calls. Were you able to find any proof that his fund is short Tesla or invested in any legitimate companies? His apartment in NY is registered as the address for his hedge fund and is worth around the same amount as his fund supposedly has under management.

His former company, NewsJoke is strange. The website no longer exists but you can view it using the wayback machine.

NEWSJOKE INC. | FLUSHING, NY

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo

Yes, he's a gambler for sure. He bet me (post as fanoftheunderdog, but have abandoned seeking alpha as a lost cause) $5k that Tesla wouldn't deliver more than 50k cars in 2015 and lost. Too bad we couldn't agree on an escrow method. Oh well, better for my karma to not take money from a fool. :p

Last we argued, his naked short position is over 20% of his portfolio and he had dollar cost averaged to $220. Considering how long he's been short, I think he severely screwed up a calculation somewhere and his loss is actually higher than he realizes. *SMH*

You should really consider the app for this. Every time Elon tweets, my phone vibrates. Usually read his post within 20 seconds of him posting it :)

Feet not wet yet so I can't tell how it works, but yesterday I selected Get Updates on the tesla.com/blog page. Supposed to generate an email whenever a new blog gets posted.

Great tips!! Activated that feature in the Twitter app for Musk and a few others and registered on the Tesla website for email-notifications when there is a new blog post! (I already got the investor updates, but these blog posts are just as important for the ST (and long term) stock price)

Which website/program do you guys use to check the pre-market? I've always used Yahoo Finance since my broker doesn't display the pre/after market (nor can I trade during those hours), but since it's make-over last week it doesn't show the pre-market at all, or sometimes very weirdly.

I think it will move the SP (whether good or bad) as I think it will theoretically lay out the role SolarCity will play. It will also further move the company away from the typical car industry valuations with a greater emphasis on the future of energy generation and storage

Reactions: Lessmog
It will also further move the company away from the typical car industry valuations with a greater emphasis on the future of energy generation and storage

The easy world of big money in energy generation and storage? Tesla is very well differentiated with plenty of IP in the electric car biz. Electricity is much more of a commodity business. Even Panasonic is a competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.