Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This article is about same ppl but came 3 days earlier and didn't mention Tesla. Also far more interesting. Decidication of a closed road for autonomous transport.

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...borough-transit-eyes-a-driverless-future.html

interesting. quite suggestive this project is starting with the van/bus based on X Elon has talked about,

"The vehicle type has not been determined because the project is still in its early stages, however passengers will ride in something smaller than a bus but larger than a car, HART said."

interesting. quite suggestive this project is starting with the van/bus based on X Elon has talked about,

"The vehicle type has not been determined because the project is still in its early stages, however passengers will ride in something smaller than a bus but larger than a car, HART said."

No reason they couldn't just start with MX for testing purposes. You can carry 4 passengers even without using the rear seats. Fine for testing...

Reactions: T3slaTulips
True bulls and longs would be buying now, not whining about shorts.
As someone else mentioned upthread, many of us are so long that there isn't any more dry powder to be buying with. Many of us ARE getting longer, but its pretty frustrating to see such an undeniable beat resulting in a SP less than $1 in the green right now, and looking like its on the war path to turn red.

I was just thinking about those who bought call options hoping for a risky return. Today is a slap in the face and very opposite from what should happen. TSLA used to be a good money making play. Not so much anymore.
hoang51, I noticed I got a "dislike" from you on my post. Just curious which part makes you feel you don't like it? (I fully respect your rights to rate anyway you want.)

No reason they couldn't just start with MX for testing purposes. You can carry 4 passengers even without using the rear seats. Fine for testing...

yes, maybe they'll get rolling with the X before the van/bus product is introduced (if it wasn't clear, I was inferring this is likely what they have in mind by the bigger than a car smaller than a bus comment).

what's most critical is it being the first example of a municipality making an exclusive arrangement with Tesla on the pathway to autonomous transit/ride sharing. the most densely populated areas are the most impacted by vehicle pollution, and the most likely to regulate who brings in fleets of cars (hence, the "utility" hint). not saying every city will do this, or any city will only select one provider... but Tesla has a tremendous advantage with their lead in EVs. I'll try to keep further discussion on this to the other thread Speculative Tesla owned Uber-like service impact on Tesla's Mission and Valuation?)

Reactions: FredTMC
True bulls and longs would be buying now, not whining about shorts.
A comment about the US elections on 11/9 and short (and long) term price movements
DT has said he will focus on Coal, fossil fuels etc
HRC has said renewables, specifically

“Generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America, with half a billion solar panels installed by the end of Hillary's first term”

Essentially saying 500,000,000 , ~300+ watt PV panels in 4 years. (a lot!, 150 gigawatts)
Using fairly simple rough math, that’s
150 gigawatts x ~2,000hrs sunlight/year = ~300 terawatt hours (additional to installed base)

~7.4% of the electrical usage of 4,500 terawatt hours yearly USA usage
Installed in just 4 yearsß-- (and growing!)

I suggest this will be a bit of an upward pressure on SP. Just a thought to keep in mind
(plus I DCA’d a few more shares today, non-margin)

With regard to my earlier post about nobody offering congrats and as it has been pointed out at times being rude on the call, I have to wonder when I see the GS and MS "notes", whether no Cap raise (in spite of them telling Elon he needed to) equals no easy pay day in the short term at least GS or MS and hence their inaction and meh reaction.
I can't help but think that if another easy pay day (some form of cap raise)for them is not heavily influencing their actions:rolleyes:.

And yeh DaveT.... you gotta have the heavy batter buyers grabbin up shares some of which is influenced by TSLA relative size on NASDAQ (thinkin about some of the index fund types).

I also see a major institutional buy move be influenced by tomorrow's event which will shed more light on SCTY synergies possibly adding to their comfort level of the TE part of the equation and giving a good reason to jump in forcefully. Remembering of course that it in their interest to accumulate at,the lowest SP possible.

Loaning out to shorts and stifling price today gives them a place holder for tomorrow and NOV 1 stuff before,they're all in.

Fire Away!:D

A comment about the US elections on 11/9 and short (and long) term price movements
DT has said he will focus on Coal, fossil fuels etc
HRC has said renewables, specifically

“Generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America, with half a billion solar panels installed by the end of Hillary's first term”

Essentially saying 500,000,000 , ~300+ watt PV panels in 4 years. (a lot!, 150 gigawatts)
Using fairly simple rough math, that’s
150 gigawatts x ~2,000hrs sunlight/year = ~300 terawatt hours (additional to installed base)

~7.4% of the electrical usage of 4,500 terawatt hours yearly USA usage
Installed in just 4 yearsß-- (and growing!)

I suggest this will be a bit of an upward pressure on SP. Just a thought to keep in mind
(plus I DCA’d a few more shares today, non-margin)

Hillary To Raise Money At Home Of CEO Who Makes Solar Panels Using Prison Labor

Read more: Hillary To Raise Money At Home Of CEO Who Makes Solar Panels Using Prison Labor
http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/23/h...olar-panels-using-prison-labor/#ixzz4OJ3pw8rB
Written from a BernieBro but the takeaway point is there are some ties ...

Status
Not open for further replies.