Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - 2016

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The product is much more appealing than I had imagined...but no pricing details! I really thought there would be more detail, and information on an improved/integrated charger.

I don't think this is good news for the stock price in the short term, perhaps not even for the merger vote - I didn't see anything to explain why Tesla and Solar City need to come together to do this.

As a long term Tesla shareholder, I am very excited about the future possibilities of this though.

It also concerns me that this could be relatively complex to install. I had imagined larger panels, which would simplify installation.
Well, it's not an event supposedly to address merger issue to begin with, that's what next Monday is for.

I think the Solar Roof looks very beautiful, much better than I've expected. But I agree, this event is a non-event for stock price short term.

Wow, impressive aesthetics in those solar roofs!

5.JPG

6.JPG

4.JPG

7.JPG

The PowerWalls are 14kwh batteries selling for $5,500 apiece. No mention yet about inverter but the idea was to integrate an inverter, so we will see

Last edited:
The product is much more appealing than I had imagined...but no pricing details! I really thought there would be more detail, and information on an improved/integrated charger.

My thoughts exactly. The product is beautiful, but very few information. Also, Elon also seemed tired/not very relaxed, and the presentation was very short a bit more awkward than other times.

• Disagree
Reactions: Nate the Great

Did you not listen to him? He said that they wanted to make a product that was cheaper than a conventional roof. It's just like the cars. It has to be a compelling product on all levels; looks, cost etc...

Very little information for us investors.

glass roof, powerwall, powerpack
- how much does it cost?
- how to install? where are the cables for the roof??
- when will they be available?

I found the presentation short and lacking - was expecting more.

What purpose was the appearance of Mr. Rive. My guess just to show that it is a joint event by both companies. He did not say anything important.

Reactions: KLC13
So that is what Tesla Glass is. I thought it would be HUD or something like that.

Nice demo of dropping something on the various tiles. That alone will get the stock to 221. Imagine never having to replace a roof again (and dealing with broken tiles, I can tell you it is a pain)!

Did anyone else notice that they also had a really small version of the X in the driveway?! That is a signal of something!

• Funny
Reactions: mmd
My thoughts exactly. The product is beautiful, but very few information. Also, Elon also seemed tired/not very relaxed, and the presentation was very short a bit more awkward than other times.
I definitely agree. I wonder if he might have just come back from a long journey or some other event, perhaps explaining why he originally planned to start later.

So that is what Tesla Glass is. I thought it would be HUD or something like that.

Nice demo of dropping something on the various tiles. That alone will get the stock to 221. Imagine never having to replace a roof again (and dealing with broken tiles, I can tell you it is a pain)!

Did anyone else notice that they also had a really small version of the X in the driveway?! That is a signal of something!
I believe that was actually the Model S kids toy Power Wheels type car.

I don't think this is good news for the stock price in the short term, perhaps not even for the merger vote - I didn't see anything to explain why Tesla and Solar City need to come together to do this.

As a long term Tesla shareholder, I am very excited about the future possibilities of this though.

It also concerns me that this could be relatively complex to install. I had imagined larger panels, which would simplify installation.

Update: Electrek says that they are getting press details and will have more to share soon. Could this be the added detail we are looking for?
Can't wait to hear prices. My wife has been against Solar on our roof for years because she didn't want anyone nailing into our roof. This not only solves that problem, but she was really impressed by the look that was shown during the event. Looks like very high end roof tiles. This is great.

2x the power for the same price = no brainer purchase.

The Solar roofs are a huge bargain, but I suspect investors might not appreciate it until Tesla says more about the price.

Maybe Tesla begins accepting reservations on Monday and says the number of reservations it received on Friday or the following Monday? I think Tesla will see interest for 200,000-400,000 units within one week of when pre-orders/reservations begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.