Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should auto-park be working?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worked for me Saturday just gone on 2024.2.2.1. It actually did a decent job of reverse parking into a space. Was actually surprised to see it prompt me as it very rarely does in my experience.

As has been said though it's very hit and miss on whether it offers it to you, and you have to be going pretty slow.

Reactions: Pandinium and Dilly
Worked for me Saturday just gone on 2024.2.2.1. It actually did a decent job of reverse parking into a space. Was actually surprised to see it prompt me as it very rarely does in my experience.

As has been said though it's very hit and miss on whether it offers it to you, and you have to be going pretty slow.
That’s my experience on earlier software. Getting the offer to park is the difficult bit. It parks well when it does.

Reactions: Pandinium
I regularly get the offer, but, not only the car will park like a provisional 16yo driver, take twice as long, and invariably ends up half a meter away from the kerb... (well at least it's not scratching the alloys) so I've stopped using it.

Also, in parallel park, you only get the offer if the space is big enough for a lorry and you wouldn't have the need the feature in the first place..
If it's a tight manoeuvre then forget it it won't show up on screen.

Yeah, it's insane that cars have been delivered since October 2022 with no parking sensors, and Summon & Autopark have been disabled since then. Then again, Tesla Vision took 6 months to come out, with the wiggly lines, and just over a year before it got to the state its in now.

On the flip side, you're really not missing much. Summon is only useful for moving the car backwards and forwards, to wash it or whatever. You have to be in arms reach for the car to move at all. Autopark has worked pretty well for me to be honest, it even did a really good parallel park early into ownership - then never seemed to detect a space like that ever again. it isn't infallible though and not comparable to other manufacturers.

Reactions: MidBaz
Yesterday installed 2024.2.3.
This morning offered to park at traffic lights (on left turn lane, was in middle lane).
Arrived at work, the car park was almost empty... the cannot see any spot to park, even rolling at 1 mph. Previous updates no different.
Still happy because I have paid for FSD🤭
Should have hit park and filmed it for the giggle, or have your passenger I mean

• Helpful
Reactions: speedyranger74