Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I re-press the FSD beta button?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was in the beta quite some time ago. See thread here about how it was short-lived. I'm wondering a couple of things about the beta now. First, if I turn it off, so that I don't have to worry about getting dinged for changing the radio station and losing the beta, will it perform the same as the standard branch of firmware? I can use navigate on autopilot just as I do now? No changes? Will I need to uncover my camera? That is really important because for some reason, my camera is super sensitive vs. what I read from others. Second, what other downsides are there to getting on FSD beta vs. the regular firmware, if any? Last, is the general thinking now that if I opt-in and drive for a few hundred miles with a score above 80, that I will get in? Or will I need to wait for the next big unleashing which could be months away (just like this admission took quite a while for many people)? Thanks for any input!

Looking at your other post, it doesn't seem you even want it back... So why are you thinking about wanting it back now?

Your camera isn't any more sensitive than anyone else's camera, it's you that is the issue, respectfully. What you were doing and HOW you were doing it caused the pay attention nags. It's just like the hold on to the steering wheel nags...everyone has to adjust to how they hold the wheel to keep those nags at bay. The short answer about the pay attention nags is, generally, you can't lean forward and to the side for very long to mess with stuff on the display, nor can you avert your eyes very long in one direction away from the road.

I don't know the answers to some of your direct questions off the top of my head, but it doesn't really matter I don't think. If you aren't going to use/test FSD then I wouldn't try to get it back. If you can't adjust your behavior to keep the pay attention nags away, then don't try and get FSD.

Now according to Elon, everyone who gets above an 80 score would get an invite...who knows about the actual reality of that, but that's what he said.

Summary, based on your past experiences with FSD, you have to decide if you want to mess with it at all again. While FSD has gotten better, it will still do bad and stupid things...but it is BETA so it is what it is.

Reactions: Yelobird
The FSD Beta firmware is based on an older version of the production firmware, and doesn’t have some of the most recent non-FSD features. If you have the Beta firmware and don’t use FSD Beta, you still won’t get those newer features. It’s my understanding that NoA on the highway is the same in both the Beta and production builds, but that could have changed recently.