Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Should I upgrade to P90?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I ordered 90D last month, order confirmed 21st July. Estimate delivery end of August, I am thinking pay the $500 change fee to upgrade to P90D, is that gonna delay my order? Is that worth $20,000?

I ordered an 85D then took a P85D instead and did the Ludicrous upgrade too when it came out. Was it worth it to do the upgrades? Rationally, no! Emotionally, alsolutely! I am now, 27,000 miles later, thrilled with the decision. Frankly, I would not recommend it for anybody for whom it would be a stretch.

Reactions: taurusking
Hi everyone,
I ordered 90D last month, order confirmed 21st July. Estimate delivery end of August, I am thinking pay the $500 change fee to upgrade to P90D, is that gonna delay my order? Is that worth $20,000?

I have been thinking about the same - upgrading to P90D from 90D. However, I'm not sure I can justify for the few times that I'll launch it.

However you might be too late, or need to do it quick. I called my DS to discuss about upgrading my tow hitch to tow package, and she said it's too late to change. My X90D with VIN 153xx is slated for early to mid-September local delivery. If you can for a fee, then I assume it will be delayed as they need to source different parts.

Let us know how your DS responds to your change request so close to production.

I have been thinking about the same - upgrading to P90D from 90D. However, I'm not sure I can justify for the few times that I'll launch it.

However you might be too late, or need to do it quick. I called my DS to discuss about upgrading my tow hitch to tow package, and she said it's too late to change. My X90D with VIN 153xx is slated for early to mid-September local delivery. If you can for a fee, then I assume it will be delayed as they need to source different parts.

Let us know how your DS responds to your change request so close to production.

I’m sorry but it looks like your car is gearing up to go into production (which is pretty good news!) Unfortunately we are too far along to make any changes.

This is her reply email. She told me will deliver end of this month, which is a good news for me, but I still want P90D, maybe P90DL. It is $20,000 for 5 years happiness. Lol. Maybe I will get a fully load Model 3 next year.

This is her reply email. She told me will deliver end of this month, which is a good news for me, but I still want P90D, maybe P90DL. It is $20,000 for 5 years happiness. Lol. Maybe I will get a fully load Model 3 next year.

When did you order your model X . Your signature says 7/22 confirmed and yours will be ready by this month end? Mine confirmed on 7/21. No contact from Delivery contact. I mailed him yesterday and still waiting for reply :(

When did you order your model X . Your signature says 7/22 confirmed and yours will be ready by this month end? Mine confirmed on 7/21. No contact from Delivery contact. I mailed him yesterday and still waiting for reply :(
I ordered on 07/15, did u contact your DS? I got phone call on 07/22 morning (9:30am). What did you order? I think they produce 90 faster than other. Also depend the area.