Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Snapped this pic of my car at a Cars and Coffee event today at the Saleen HQ.
DA797C0A-E200-4F5D-9039-3AECC6492294.jpeg

Reactions: Tech_Guy and xveys
Hi all. Need your help. Got my Arachnid Wheels in Silver and I would like to powder coat them with the original grey colorcode:
Sonic Carbon, Code: NEU-106E - PPG: 934723.

is this even possible? all powdercoader tell me that they do not know this color code and if powdercoated the codes are different.....

so has anybody else tried to powdercoat their wheels with the tesla original grey and can you share your experiences with me please?

appreciate your help.

I tried, but the powder coat company I used took three tries, couldn't get them close, and wound up going back to the original silver, but couldn't get that back proper either. So now I have these kind of matte gray-ish/silver-ish color winter 19" rims. I don't mind actually as it's not a bad color overall, and they didn't charge me as they couldn't match the colors in the first place, so I got something out of it.

Yea, gray is hard to match.

I tried, but the powder coat company I used took three tries, couldn't get them close, and wound up going back to the original silver, but couldn't get that back proper either. So now I have these kind of matte gray-ish/silver-ish color winter 19" rims. I don't mind actually as it's not a bad color overall, and they didn't charge me as they couldn't match the colors in the first place, so I got something out of it.

Yea, gray is hard to match.

Tesla OEM Arachnids are a perfect match for Midnight Silver Metalic ... :cool:

IMG_6841.JPG

They're back ... Tesla brings back ventilated seats and makes new black Arachnid wheels available

Tesla updated its online design studios overnight to make some changes to its performance vehicles. The automaker is bringing back the previously discontinued ventilated seats and it is making new black Arachnid wheels available from the ordering process. Arachnid wheels are 21″ wheels designed by Tesla for the Model S. They were only available to Tesla owners through the referral program. After referring a number of new Model S and Model X buyers, Tesla would give you a new set of wheels with tires.

The automaker is now making black Arachnid wheels – pictured above – available to buy from the design studio, but only for the Model S P100D – the performance version of Tesla’s flagship sedan. It’s now a $4,500 option that can be added to the $135,000 performance vehicle.

screen-shot-2018-05-18-at-5-58-16-am.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Mokuzai
yes why not? :)

Sorry, just wasn't sure that you wanted to see the ones that were messed up. But here ya go. They are dirty and it's flat light so not the best pic really, but you can see they are just a kind of matted flat silver or light gray color now. You can see the subtle difference between the OEM center cap and the rim. I'll get a closer pic of that at some point.

IMG_4484.JPG
IMG_4481.JPG
IMG_4482.JPG

Sorry, just wasn't sure that you wanted to see the ones that were messed up. But here ya go. They are dirty and it's flat light so not the best pic really, but you can see they are just a kind of matted flat silver or light gray color now. You can see the subtle difference between the OEM center cap and the rim. I'll get a closer pic of that at some point.

View attachment 302045 View attachment 302046 View attachment 302047

It looks like they mixed the agent wrong and it came out too light. The sonic gray color isnt anything special, they would just need to get the mixture right.

Finally got my rims powder coated. It’s not the original tesla grey but just ordered gunmetal in a gloss finish. Think they turned out fantastic. Also have a cool shot of before and after on the car at the same time with the original stock 19’s.

377A5134-E9F5-44D8-9A6F-428C2967908E.jpeg 651E9A4A-C202-4F9C-9368-B5D2E1284409.jpeg 3A4EA475-04AF-47BB-B982-6FF97174FCC9.jpeg A8B8686C-137F-4608-8EA9-A7CDAFC9C84C.jpeg 0C3496CA-A181-4F8C-A7F9-A41811EF0A32.jpeg 18E6E382-8590-4458-AE36-4342ECD2134B.jpeg

Powdercoated mine now..... very happy with the quality of the work and also with the shinyness of the powdercoated wheels....but I am not satisfied with the too light color they used. I would have wished them a little darker...but well....it's now done and there is no return. Hopefully I will get used to it.

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    820.4 KB · Views: 303
Reactions: Destiny1701
Powdercoated mine now..... very happy with the quality of the work and also with the shinyness of the powdercoated wheels....but I am not satisfied with the too light color they used. I would have wished them a little darker...but well....it's now done and there is no return. Hopefully I will get used to it.

What do you guys think?

I dig it ;)!!! They look like mine!!! Haha so I'm biased.