TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Az_Rael, Sep 30, 2017.

1. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

My spider has been there for >2 years so it must have been an early prototype:D

• Funny x 1
  2. Cowby

Cowby Member

B2B10902-BDE4-458C-B744-98EAC9D216D6.jpeg 4BDCEFFE-67F8-46E7-ADE4-73B5EC6F9F96.jpeg
    Finally cleaned up!

• Like x 2
  3. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Are those OG blacks or did you coat them? I've only seen Gray and Silver so far. I knew the solid blacks existed but they are pretty rare (as are the gray ones)

4. Cowby

Cowby Member

That’s Powdercoated by same guys Tesla uses...can’t tell any difference....and yes, those calipers body colored painted as well ;)

5. 2cati

2cati Member

Very slick.

I thought all original Tesla wheels are simply painted - not powdercoated.

Do you know which powdercoat supplier is used ? I.e. Prismantic Powders?

Do you know the name of the colour?

6. Lukez

Lukez Member

Would like to know this too. I'm getting mine powder coated Satin Black but if the Onyx is different I'll have them do that instead! I figured they were very similar

7. RedS75

RedS75 Member

These spiders made it overseas to the Netherlands. Fantastic wheels!!!

IMG_20180419_123911.jpg

• Like x 3
  8. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

New Arachnid wheels & Michelin PSS tires on our "unicorn" 2015 P85D with the Plus Suspension and Ludicrous upgrade = P85D+ (or P85DL+). Individual wheel pics taken after red Tesla logo decals applied. :D

IMG_4840.JPG IMG_4890.JPG IMG_4891.JPG

• Like x 2
  9. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Jesus, that is a unicorn. P85DL+?! That's up in the same league as the rare P85+ Autopilot cars.

• Like x 1
  10. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Yup we have one of the rare P85DL+ Teslas. Bought it in the exact colors we wanted loaded with every option except 3rd row seats (which we didn't want) at our local Tesla showroom floor as an "inventory car". It even also has the rare Recaro rear seats.

Absolutely love it!

Another TMC user saw it and claimed it was a YETI since it is even more rare than a "unicorn". :D

• Like x 2
  11. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

P85DL+, with Recaro rear seats, wow. The only thing that would up your unicorn-ness would be gray or black Arachnids, as they no longer offer them for redemption as a referral prize. Just silver is offered these days. I've seen a few gray sets (I have 'em in gray) but I've only seen 1 black set personally.

/edit, although, now that I think about it, the only time Recaro rears were even potentially offered was during that brief "+" era. The two went hand in hand even though not everyone got them.

/edit 2. Another potential unicorn addition would be executive rear seats in a P85DL+...

12. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

Outch So new they still have the sticker residue on the rims and you already clipped a curb :(
    [​IMG]

13. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Mine lasted about a week before I curbed them. That stung.

14. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy ALWAYS IN LUDICROUS MODE! P90D>P100D Upgrade

I bet, Question do your mirrors adjust so you can see the wheel and curb when you go into reverse?

15. Fiver

Fiver Active Member

Yes, but honestly it took me a week or so of ownership to realize it's a setting in the menu to turn that on. At first I didn't think my car did that. All part of the Tesla learning curve.

/edit. Turn on the setting in the menu, then adjust the mirrors to where you want them tilted down while in reverse. Save as part of your driver profile. You have to actually be in reverse while making the adjustment.

• Helpful x 1
  16. BrokerDon

BrokerDon Member

Yup my otherwise awesome wife accidentally rubbed against a curb pulling into a parking spot away from other cars. She doesn't drive our Tesla much... and I did the same thing to one of our Turbines the first week we got our slightly imperfect "inventory" P85D+ so the saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" definitely applies. Part of the price we pay having low profile tires & wide wheels. We drive our P85D+ a lot. It's definitely not a low mileage "show & shine" garage queen that owner's are unknowingly saving for the next owner. We love those guys. They save us THOU$AND$ when we buy their pristine cars from them when they have to have the next shinier / quicker new model.

17. professortech

professortech Member

Matte black + Pearl white

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  18. xveys

xveys Member

Washed my car, finally dare to post a pic ;).

Not many silver model S cars around it seems. I first wanted to powder coat the arachnids, but I really like the silver on silver look now that they’re on.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  19. Parikhrr

Parikhrr Member

blue with black wheels

looks sweet until we meet all of the potholes...

IMG_8565.jpg IMG_8589.jpg

20. BlackS

BlackS Member

Better late than never......
    [​IMG]