Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show me those Arachnid wheels / Spiders!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Tech_Guy I love that chrome delete with those arachnids! I might consider doing a chrome delete on mine.

I did get the acoustic super sports with mine. Hubby ended up with the older PS2’s on his silver arachnids for some reason.

3F3A521C-6DFB-4E13-AA95-7AADB64BA77F.jpeg

I'm so glad to have been wrong, but is it just me or is the arachnid wheel a tiny bit louder? Definitely a different sound, but I haven't gotten it up to speed to see if it dampens sound at higher velocity differently.... also, I just got done driving an x for a few days with 20 inch wheels and that thing was really quiet.... so I'm all over the map on knowing which way is up on this subject.

I will say, these arachnid wheels are mind blowing.... the initial jump off the line is noticeably faster... steering feel is different and faster, either that or the testosterone increase from driving on these wheels has me roided up

I'm so glad to have been wrong, but is it just me or is the arachnid wheel a tiny bit louder? Definitely a different sound, but I haven't gotten it up to speed to see if it dampens sound at higher velocity differently.... also, I just got done driving an x for a few days with 20 inch wheels and that thing was really quiet.... so I'm all over the map on knowing which way is up on this subject.

I will say, these arachnid wheels are mind blowing.... the initial jump off the line is noticeably faster... steering feel is different and faster, either that or the testosterone increase from driving on these wheels has me roided up

Oh, mine are noticeably louder. But I came from a set of the Michelin all seasons on 19” wheels. I even did an unscientific experiment with a dB iPhone app on the same section of road before and after the replacement and the arachnids are louder than my 19” (expected). I was pleased they didn’t make the ride too stiff, which is what I was afraid of.

We will see what they are like on hubby’s P85D with the plus suspension, LOL. He gets his installed this Saturday along with his L upgrade :rolleyes: and a bunch of other stuff he wants done.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cowby

I do not have the acoustics, but definitely more road noise (expected it with such low profile tires). I actually notice that they feel slower than the 19s despite reduced weight. Handling though is definitely better, better cornering and more "ride on rails" feeling.

DSC06813_2.jpg DSC06904_2.jpg DSC06857_2.jpg