Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not go aftermarket, but also, found the 20s from MX a nice compromise of style and efficiency.
MXWh_MS.jpg

I didn't see it posted or asked, what wheels are these? Size and specs?
Did you lower with brackets or links and how much?
Hi gents, @GasDoc84 @colindo1990 @bwherry
Im from San Jose, and work with Tesla up here. If i have a twin in SD i would love to see a pic of that car!!!!
As for as my suspension goes. Im a RWD 75, so I had spring coil suspension. I am on custom Air suspension from AIRTEKK.
i can change height via pressure.
My wheels are ADV1 5.2.2 which are 22x9.5 ET25 and 22x11 ET30

the front lip is from MAXTON design outta europe.

more pics here
Pearl White Tesla Model S - ADV5.2 M.V2 SL Series - ADV.1 Wheels

Thanks for the post, @M3GATR0N ! Your car is a BEAUT! What tires/sizes are you running with those beastly ADV1s? 22x11 in back - daaayum.

I really like the look of that MAXTON front lip (and side skirt diffusers) - can you post some more pics of the MAXTON stuff you've got installed and tell us about where you got it, what your install experience was like, etc.? If and when you can... many thanks!

Brian

Thanks for the post, @M3GATR0N ! Your car is a BEAUT! What tires/sizes are you running with those beastly ADV1s? 22x11 in back - daaayum.

I really like the look of that MAXTON front lip (and side skirt diffusers) - can you post some more pics of the MAXTON stuff you've got installed and tell us about where you got it, what your install experience was like, etc.? If and when you can... many thanks!

Brian

it holds up. I was on static coilovers at first and over 30k miles its held up well. installs were very str8 forward and easy.

Attachments

• IMG_5438.jpg
    IMG_5438.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_9511.jpg
    IMG_9511.jpg
    804.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_5443.jpg
    IMG_5443.jpg
    924.8 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_4736.jpg
    IMG_4736.jpg
    929 KB · Views: 265
Volk Racing TE37 Ultra M-Spec in 20x10 +32, 20x11 +30 on 255/35/20 & 285/30/20. View attachment 536306 View attachment 536305
View attachment 536307
The wheels look fantastic! I love the meaty rubber too. Got any shots from directly behind the rear at a very low vantage point to show off how wide the rear tires are?

Any rubbing at at with those spec wheels and offset? Did you have to install hub centric rings or were these wheels custom made for the 5x120 wheel pattern?

Did you also lower the car more than the standard Air suspension Low setting in these shots? I can't imagine you'd be able to drive around like that.

The wheels look fantastic! I love the meaty rubber too. Got any shots from directly behind the rear at a very low vantage point to show off how wide the rear tires are?

Any rubbing at at with those spec wheels and offset? Did you have to install hub centric rings or were these wheels custom made for the 5x120 wheel pattern?

Did you also lower the car more than the standard Air suspension Low setting in these shots? I can't imagine you'd be able to drive around like that.

Thanks man! The photo below is the only picture I have directly behind the rear.

No rubbing whatsoever, even at this height. These wheels were made to fit my car (5x120), without needing hub centric rings as well.

My car is lowered now on airmatic lowering links. The setting is set to "LOW" for these pictures, but I actually can daily drive at this setting without hitting anything. I actually use to drive lower when I use to have my Unplugged Performance lowering brackets. Let me know if you have any other questions!

534BF608-9CC1-4D1E-9430-C3FB856F7EBF.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: SilverGS
Thanks man! The photo below is the only picture I have directly behind the rear.

No rubbing whatsoever, even at this height. These wheels were made to fit my car (5x120), without needing hub centric rings as well.

My car is lowered now on airmatic lowering links. The setting is set to "LOW" for these pictures, but I actually can daily drive at this setting without hitting anything. I actually use to drive lower when I use to have my Unplugged Performance lowering brackets. Let me know if you have any other questions!

View attachment 536840
It looks simply stunning!

Here's my contribution:

I have Unplugged lowering brackets on it now - sits at 27.5" from floor to top of wheel arch in "Standard." I do go back up to factory height sometimes, it's nice to have the flexibility to quickly adjust the brackets.

Vossen VFS-1
22 x 9 Front w/ 245/30/22
22 x 10.5 Rear w/ 295/25/22

I have a love/hate relationship with these wheels. They look stellar. They're the same OD as the factory wheels, so no issues with Rubbing. No loss in ride quality. Slightly more noisy than factory 21's, but not a big deal

But recently, I got a very slight bend in the lip on two of them from a huge pot hole, and now I have a shimmy when driving. I haaaaaaaate shimmies. So, now I have to have them repaired next time I get tires.

Sometimes I think if I should go back to a 21" wheel to get a little more tire meat, but it just looks so dang good with 22s.

hbn2Wcz.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my contribution:

I have Unplugged lowering brackets on it now - sits at 27.5" from floor to top of wheel arch in "Standard." I do go back up to factory height sometimes, it's nice to have the flexibility to quickly adjust the brackets.

Vossen VFS-1
22 x 9 Front w/ 245/30/22
22 x 10.5 Rear w/ 295/25/22

I have a love/hate relationship with these wheels. They look stellar. They're the same OD as the factory wheels, so no issues with Rubbing. No loss in ride quality. Slightly more noisy than factory 21's, but not a big deal

But recently, I got a very slight bend in the lip on two of them from a huge pot hole, and now I have a shimmy when driving. I haaaaaaaate shimmies. So, now I have to have them repaired next time I get tires.

Sometimes I think if I should go back to a 21" wheel to get a little more tire meat, but it just looks so dang good with 22s.

hbn2Wcz.jpg
What offsets are you running?