Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropping in to show off a few of the custom wheel setups I have run on my 2015 70D:

Rotiform RSE R140 19x8.5 +35 Gloss Silver:
IMG_2750.jpeg

And those fit the Aerodiscs:
IMG_2872.jpeg

But then I found out I could get reproductions of the classic 90s JDM Super Advan SA3R wheels, so I got a set of those:

IMG_6341.jpeg

IMG_6355.jpeg

Reactions: jimlau and Drew-MS
Just dropping in to show off a few of the custom wheel setups I have run on my 2015 70D:

Rotiform RSE R140 19x8.5 +35 Gloss Silver:
View attachment 752676

And those fit the Aerodiscs:
View attachment 752677

But then I found out I could get reproductions of the classic 90s JDM Super Advan SA3R wheels, so I got a set of those:

View attachment 752679
View attachment 752680
Do the aerodisc's help with efficiency ? Are they similar to the Aerocaps that came on my plaid with the 19s ?

Does anyone know the max variance Tesla recommends on tire sizes? I have a quote for some tires and noticed the difference in diameter is .5" in (28.3F vs 27.8R)?

I really like the Continental DWS06 and ran 255/30 22F and 295/25 22R on my 2013 and 2020 Model S's and now want to run 265/30 and 295/25 but am slightly concerned about the difference in diameter.

OE standard sizes have had different diameters in the .5" range. The original Turbines were .5" larger in the rear than the front and the new 21" setup is .3" larger in the front than the rear. So it seems logical that unlike a standard 4wd or AWD vehicle you can run different diameters without damaging anything. My biggest question is around performance. Does the car "calibrate" to the different diameters once you put on a new set of wheels/tires or does it actually run off of what wheels you put in the configuration?

Does anyone know the max variance Tesla recommends on tire sizes? I have a quote for some tires and noticed the difference in diameter is .5" in (28.3F vs 27.8R)?

I really like the Continental DWS06 and ran 255/30 22F and 295/25 22R on my 2013 and 2020 Model S's and now want to run 265/30 and 295/25 but am slightly concerned about the difference in diameter.

OE standard sizes have had different diameters in the .5" range. The original Turbines were .5" larger in the rear than the front and the new 21" setup is .3" larger in the front than the rear. So it seems logical that unlike a standard 4wd or AWD vehicle you can run different diameters without damaging anything. My biggest question is around performance. Does the car "calibrate" to the different diameters once you put on a new set of wheels/tires or does it actually run off of what wheels you put in the configuration?
I'm trying to find a way to mount DWS06+ to the arachnids coming on my refresh MS LR, also. These are 21" so I'm not sure if they're what you're looking for, but the sizes I'd be going with are 265/40/21 and 295/35/21 as opposed to the stock sizes of 265/35/21 and 295/30/21. Overall just under an inch larger in diameter, which is a decent increase in speedo (about 3%), but my only real concern is if they will contact anywhere. Being only 0.5" radius increase, I can't imagine this will happen. If I pull the trigger, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Anyone else running Continental ExtremeContacts?

When I used to run Michelin Pilot 4S on the TEs on my old S, it sat lower all around than how my current setup sits. Wondering if it’s just how the sidewalls of the tires are compared to the Michelins.

Even at the lowest suspension setting, the wheel gap now bothers me.

Am running UP lowering brackets on both for reference

5611AA0F-31CE-4877-B7BC-D75C5A29787C.jpeg

442D6265-D010-43A0-8595-655FEC16EBB8.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else running Continental ExtremeContacts?

When I used to run Michelin Pilot 4S on the TEs on my old S, it sat lower all around than how my current setup sits. Wondering if it’s just how the sidewalls of the tires are compared to the Michelins.

Even at the lowest suspension setting, the wheel gap now bothers me.

Am running UP lowering brackets on both for reference
I run them but I don't have Pilot 4S to compare to.

If I'm thinking about it properly, et28 might be a bit too aggressive.....might have a 295 sticking past the fenders in that case. My rear wheels are et35, and they're pretty well lined up with the lip of the fender......but it still has an OEM look, not a "rolled fenders, 1mm gap" look. So you could go maybe a liiiiittle more aggressive, but not much IMO. If you're looking to push the envelope, i'd check in with some of the vendors on here to see what the extremes are that they have fit, and go from there.
I had 10.5" +28 rears on my 2019 MSPerf, but with 285 tires and they looked and fit great but just had no rim protection. I think 295s would still have been OK - might be close but I def had a few mm to spare.