Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Show off your aftermarket wheels.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the refresh has the same liftgate as the pre-refresh. I know this - most of the accessory vendors (including UP, so it's not just the knock-off guys) are listing badges and spoilers as 2012-2022 compatible.
I think the liftgate is the same size, but the OEM spoiler on the post-refresh cars is a bit longer so it goes closer to the edge (and to my eyes, "deeper" - that is, it sticks out farther back).
Screenshot 2022-01-27 092221.jpg

I think the liftgate is the same size, but the OEM spoiler on the post-refresh cars is a bit longer so it goes closer to the edge (and to my eyes, "deeper" - that is, it sticks out farther back).
View attachment 760873
Absolutely. The OEM Plaid spoiler for refresh cars looks very different IMO, as you say (and much better). Just saying I do believe all pre-refresh will work, if you don't mind it not looking the same as the refresh spoiler.

Edit: sorry for the spoiler talk in a wheel thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming... 😅

Last edited:
Reactions: serendipitous
I thought the refresh has the same liftgate as the pre-refresh. I know this - most of the accessory vendors (including UP, so it's not just the knock-off guys) are listing badges and spoilers as 2012-2022 compatible.
Rear T emblem is a different size, and yeah spoilers will be short a few inches in general.

If you don’t mind that then you should be ok, I personally got one from pre-refresh to hold me off until others hit the market.

But the one others are asking about in particular would look goofy with a few inches short on either side.

Looks great @scrapps !

I love me some brushed bronze! Would you mind sharing your offsets with the community to help others out in finding their ideal fitment?
Thanks! And sure don't see why I can't share now I've paid for them!
20x10.5 et 34 with 285/35/20
20x11 et 35 with 305/35/20
Note: the front tire is a touch narrower than the suggested for that size wheel but it doesn't look stretched.

Thanks! And sure don't see why I can't share now I've paid for them!
20x10.5 et 34 with 285/35/20
20x11 et 35 with 305/35/20
Note: the front tire is a touch narrower than the suggested for that size wheel but it doesn't look stretched.
Thanks for sharing. Is the ride quality noticeably more compliant than with the stock arachnids? I'm really on the fence on the 20 or 21 decision still, and that's my biggest concern. The arachnids are a shade punishing on rough pavement (construnction, broken asphault, etc). You've definitely proven to me that a 20 setup can look just as good!

Thanks for sharing. Is the ride quality noticeably more compliant than with the stock arachnids? I'm really on the fence on the 20 or 21 decision still, and that's my biggest concern. The arachnids are a shade punishing on rough pavement (construnction, broken asphault, etc). You've definitely proven to me that a 20 setup can look just as good!
I don't know. I came from 19s. The ride is good though. Handling definitely feels sharper, feels closer to how my 3 drove.

• Informative
Reactions: Neon001
Would really appreciate some feedback on a setup for a MSLR. I was planning on going with 21s, but I'm rethinking that. Been reading through this thread and others and have come up with a couple options:

Option 1:
front: 9x20ET25 (would sit approx 9mm closer to fender than stock)
rear: 10.5x20ET36 (also 9mm closer to fender)
Mich PS All Season4: 255/40/20 & 285/35/20

Option 2:
fr: 9.5x20ET32 (approx 8mm closer to fender from stock)
r: 10.5x20ET36 (same as option 1)
Tires are the same except switch fronts to 265/40/20

Option 2 has slightly more expensive tires (about $170 difference total), but the overall diameter of the 265/40/20 more closely matches the stock arachnid setup. I didn't like that the 255/40/20s lose me about 7-8mm of diameter, meaning more wheel gap, since I do not plan to lower.

Any opinions?

Would really appreciate some feedback on a setup for a MSLR. I was planning on going with 21s, but I'm rethinking that. Been reading through this thread and others and have come up with a couple options:

Option 1:
front: 9x20ET25 (would sit approx 9mm closer to fender than stock)
rear: 10.5x20ET36 (also 9mm closer to fender)
Mich PS All Season4: 255/40/20 & 285/35/20

Option 2:
fr: 9.5x20ET32 (approx 8mm closer to fender from stock)
r: 10.5x20ET36 (same as option 1)
Tires are the same except switch fronts to 265/40/20

Option 2 has slightly more expensive tires (about $170 difference total), but the overall diameter of the 265/40/20 more closely matches the stock arachnid setup. I didn't like that the 255/40/20s lose me about 7-8mm of diameter, meaning more wheel gap, since I do not plan to lower.

Any opinions?

20s for a slight performance edge, far more tire options, better ride comfort due to larger sidewalls, lower cost (wheels and tires), and if you have any intention on ever tracking the car.

21s for vanity...they look better. Not much else.

Regarding your fitments; 8-9mm closer to fender is pretty conservative and will probably be slightly less than flush. You can push to 12-14mm to get flush - if you care about such things. Aside from that Id go option 2 for better matched ODs and the wider 9.5 front which will give you more options down the road. Be aware that many have complained about significantly higher road noise with the Mich PS4 all seasons

Reactions: Neon001
Anyone else running Continental ExtremeContacts?

When I used to run Michelin Pilot 4S on the TEs on my old S, it sat lower all around than how my current setup sits. Wondering if it’s just how the sidewalls of the tires are compared to the Michelins.

Even at the lowest suspension setting, the wheel gap now bothers me.

Am running UP lowering brackets on both for reference

View attachment 755809

View attachment 755810
GOALs