Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver Dream is home...lame delivery experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally took delivery today of my Silver Dream! Could not stop grinning all the way home! My wife noticed an unclipped plastic piece under the front bumper which was taken care of asap before we left with our car. The factory store is having a "tent sale event" so the place was a little crazy. My DS was on vacation so a total newbie (he said we were his very first customers!) went through the motions of an orientation. He didn't know anything, literally anything! Could not even figure out how to use the fob, couldn't find the online manual, completely clueless. Another DS came by and said that they were so busy so everyone was getting an abbreviated orientation. Anyway, at least the factory tour was awesome!
Cannot wait to try AP and Summon tomorrow.
[

My DS was on vacation so a total newbie (he said we were his very first customers!) went through the motions of an orientation. He didn't know anything, literally anything! Could not even figure out how to use the fob, couldn't find the online manual, completely clueless.
I offered to my DS to give me the "express delivery" intro since I already know all about Tesla, but he insisted on the whole full 30 - 45 minutes version (at least in the schedule for Sep 30). You got the treatment I wanted to get (but with me it still would have made sense to have an experienced DS since they wouldn't lose their precious time with me), and I will probably get the experience you wanted to get even though I don't need it. It would be nice if Tesla learned to find out what level of introduction their customers want or need ahead of time, so they can match the DS and timeslot to the needs of their customers, rather than foisting cheaper newbie DS on people.

Of course, they'll have to streamline this with Model 3 in the future. Plus, at some point, people will be more educated about electric, so the standard intro can skip some of the EV special parts, and Tesla can ask every customer if they need the "EV intro" during their delivery, and reduce the slotted time if not.

But anyway, you happened to get it during a rush event ... like hitting rain on a driving trip. You don't want it, but sometimes it happens.

Reactions: joebiker25
@joebiker25, the car looks great, congratulations! Bummer about the delivery experience. When they ask for feedback, be sure to tell them your thoughts. On the positive side, if you hang out here on TMC, you'll learn everything that you would have gotten from the orientation (and a lot more), and once you've driven the car around a bit you'll be having so much fun you won't care. :)

I really think that a car as complex as the Model S requires a good delivery orientation, and it's a shame that at the factory delivery center, of all places, they couldn't do it for you. (I did delivery of a Silver S at the factory too, and the orientation was adequate, but not exceptional.) Speaking of which...if your delivery orientation didn't cover AP or even if it did, recommend you look through this thread before you go out tomorrow...it'll help you get in the right mindset:

A flight instructor teaches Tesla Autopilot

Enjoy!

Bruce.

Reactions: joebiker25