Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Charger w/ HWPC on 208v - Can I use a higher amperage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question:

I have a single charger, and am thinking of purchasing an HWPC for a cleaner install in my condo. My condo runs on commercial power, 208v. Typically, people run 220v @ 40amps and that is ideal/max possible with a single charger. But, with commercial power, can a single charger take in more amps? I see that the HWPC can accomodate a lot of different breaker sizes (60A, 70A...).

Question:

I have a single charger, and am thinking of purchasing an HWPC for a cleaner install in my condo. My condo runs on commercial power, 208v. Typically, people run 220v @ 40amps and that is ideal/max possible with a single charger. But, with commercial power, can a single charger take in more amps? I see that the HWPC can accomodate a lot of different breaker sizes (60A, 70A...).

I don't think we have a definitive answer on it but all engineering reasoning would point to the main limitation being current (because wiring and circuit board traces are based on current). To validate, we need to see if a 208V-connected 60A+ charger allows higher currents to be set when connected to a single-charger MS.