Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SIRIUS XM PROBLEMS (AGAIN), THIS TIME WITH FAVORITES

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have posted re this for over a year since I got the new S. It's so demoralizing to spend that much on a car and not have it operate as well as a car the 3rd of its price. This is my 3rd Tesla and I'd rather go back to a ICE than deal with this. I love music, and love to listen to what I like. Never, ever, did I think that this company could f up something like this. On top of that... the old S I had worked better. This tech went backwards. And the FSD is *sugar*. On the freeway yesterday it almost threw me and my wife through the windshield it got so confused. I stopped using it.

No sequential favorites scrolling for me either but now it just scrolls on random favorites in some weird haphazard way and only certain ones. It was so frustrating that I did the two button reset on my steering wheel hoping it would fix it but it didn’t.

I would rather have it scroll sequentially through each station vs what it is doing now. Now I have to use the screen for everything and if I want to scroll I have to hit the little forward and back buttons at the top of the screen which aren’t easy when driving because the roads get bumpy at times.

Is it really that hard to figure out? This seems like it would be so easy to fix but it just gets worse.

try deleting them all and re-adding. that should work.

it'll still occasionally stop scrolling at a certain number (for me it's 22) but it will still always cycle through them with the wheel now. if you select a station that's not a favorite, it'll go back to sequential until you get to a favorite, then it goes to scrolling through the favorites again...i actually don't mind this because it allows you to do things like cycle through the sports play by play channels sequentially to find a specific team.

2021 MSP
2023.12.9 software

No Favorites scrolling for me. Only scrolls every singe 300+ SiriusXM channels in order.

try deleting them all, rebooting the car, then re-add them all. that should work. i remember having to do that at one point.

super annoying, but it has been pretty solid for me for the most part since they fixed it. the static is unbearable at times, but that's a different issue that i sure as hell hope they fix soon.

try deleting them all, rebooting the car, then re-add them all. that should work. i remember having to do that at one point.

super annoying, but it has been pretty solid for me for the most part since they fixed it. the static is unbearable at times, but that's a different issue that i sure as hell hope they fix soon.
That did not work for me. I guess I can try again, but pain to do that and then have it not work.

I can't believe we didn't find each others threads:

Today I'm filing for a Writ of Execution because I won in small claims against Tesla for this issue, and they haven't paid up.

Reactions: aerodyne

What a pain in the ass, is there an easy way to delete each favorite quicker than going in to each station and unchecking the star?

Regardless, thanks for the tip, it worked for me. Only issue I have now is that it only cycles through the first two rows and all of the other rows below I have to manually click now. Is that how it works for you or can you cycle through all of your favorites?

Now what would be even better is if you could assemble you favorites around in whstever order you want like my BMW or like the icons on your phone. You have to be strategic in adding your favorites in the order you want them in. Am I missing something or is there a way to rearrange favorites or have they fixed this too?

What a pain in the ass, is there an easy way to delete each favorite quicker than going in to each station and unchecking the star?

Regardless, thanks for the tip, it worked for me. Only issue I have now is that it only cycles through the first two rows and all of the other rows below I have to manually click now. Is that how it works for you or can you cycle through all of your favorites?

Now what would be even better is if you could assemble you favorites around in whstever order you want like my BMW or like the icons on your phone. You have to be strategic in adding your favorites in the order you want them in. Am I missing something or is there a way to rearrange favorites or have they fixed this too?

mine goes thru the first 22 or so favs then goes back to the beginning. sometimes that number seems to vary.

it's a miracle. Us FSD betas finally got our update and the dreaded favorite issue has been fixed! It only took 18 months but the software guys finally updated their interface to the 21st century!
Awesome - finally working for me too! Now, if they could only allow us to have sticky favorites for the media and also add album art to the refresh Model S drivers infotainment center.

Also interesting that it isn't mentioned in the official notes. Like a lot of updates are not listed. No idea what that means... but maybe they didn't want to acknowledge that it was an issue?
Not only not mentioned, but Tesla lied and gaslit me for over a year. Claiming "this is how it's supposed to work". Finally I took them to small claims court for breaking my radio.

My County's Sheriff's office told me they (the sheriff) has 90 days to perform the sheriff sale. Tesla can pay up or, we can take property. Either way, should be an interesting event.