Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slacker - Logging in Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rebooted the system but still cannot login. Just get a message "Using the Tesla account" but it keeps spinning and does not login. However, I was able to login into the website using the same credentials. So its something to do with the car. Any other suggestions?

Make sure you give it enough time. After you reboot, the car doesn’t get internet connection back for minutes (it took nearly 10 for me). If you see that it has lte or 3G and it still doesnt work, then I don’t know what you can do besides calling the service center and ask.

Tesla chooses to offer Slacker so it is responsible to keep it working in the car.

I am not sure I follow that logic. Slacker is a 3rd party and Tesla cannot be responsible for 3rd party services, even if it allows for that 3rd party to be accessed in their car. That is like saying that Tesla and every other car maker would be responsible for making sure XM Radio was always available and could never suffer from service disruptions. I think that would be a bit ridiculous.

Slacker is an embedded third party service that Tesla packages as a car feature. This is different than Tesla saying that Slacker and other streaming media services are “compatible” with Tesla. I believe some car manufacturers do allow owners to download various third party apps and use them in the car’s head unit. This is not how Tesla packages the Slacker music service.

I am not sure I follow that logic. Slacker is a 3rd party and Tesla cannot be responsible for 3rd party services, even if it allows for that 3rd party to be accessed in their car. That is like saying that Tesla and every other car maker would be responsible for making sure XM Radio was always available and could never suffer from service disruptions. I think that would be a bit ridiculous.