TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slacker voice search and apostrophes

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by dlmorgan999, Feb 10, 2013.

1. dlmorgan999

dlmorgan999 Member

It took me a while to figure out what was going on, but I've discovered that if you do a voice search on Slacker for a song title that contains an apostrophe, you never get any results back (to state this more clearly, you get no results of any kind back). The voice recognition correctly interprets what you were asking for, but the Slacker search does not.

I've had this happen three or four times on different songs. In all cases, when I manually entered the desired song title in the search box without including the apostrophe, the results included the desired song with the apostrophe in the name.

I don't know if this is an issue with the Slacker API, or the way that Tesla is calling it, but this is a very typical situation when dealing with databases, and the fix is very simple.

I'm guessing the answer to this question is no, but is there any formal way for us to report bugs like this to Tesla? Or does ownership pass on comments like this? Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

For now, there's no way for users to report bugs, unfortunately. Your only option is to report it to Tesla ownership. They are supposed to pass it on to the developer/engineering team.

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Had a teen in the car tonight and she likes "One Dimension" so I tried to demo the voice search for that. It came up "1 Dimension" without any hits for "One Dimension"

4. SuperCoug

SuperCoug Model S Res #7734

Pretty sure she wanted you to look up One Direction, not One Dimension. :redface:

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@SuperCoug - You can imagine how broken up Evan was about not hearing the music.

6. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Oye! Just as well....can't stand bubblegum crap.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

7. jbherman

jbherman Member

That's funny! Consider yourself lucky! Once my 13 year old daughter gets in my car, I completely lose control of all music played. It's torture!

8. spatterso911

spatterso911 MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891

Well, Evan, I guess this proves without a doubt that you aren't a One Direction fan... :scared:

9. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I'm happy to report that this problem is *finally* fixed in 5.9 (1.51.96). Not sure if it was .96 that fixed it or if other 5.9 releases have the fix, but you can finally search for Don't Stop Believin' and get results back from Slacker!

10. dlmorgan999

dlmorgan999 Member

That's exciting news. I currently have 1.51.94 and I still see the issue. Hopefully I will get that version soon.

11. gpetti

gpetti Active Member

Good to know! I'm still struggling with a few searches. It doesn't seem very good at finding band names like U2 even when I try to say uhtoo or ootoo.

12. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I can confirm that at least .88 still exhibited the behavior, perhaps .94 as well. Good to hear!

13. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I was pretty sure it was still an issue when I was on .94, but wasn't positive.

14. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

This is broken again in the 5.11 release :-(

15. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Still broken in the latest 5.11 release I got today - 1.59.56

16. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

And still broken in 6.0 (1.65.15) :-( Can't believe they had fixed this for one minor release of 5.9 and it's been broken again ever since 5.11.

17. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Still can't believe this is still broken when it was fixed for a couple of releases! This bug is one of the more annoying ones that I keep running into. As of 6.0 (1.67.125) the bug is still present.

18. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

Not sure exactly when this finally got fixed, but I did a search yesterday and noticed that 6.1(2.2.115) has the fix! Let's hope it's here to stay.