Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slight trunk to c pillar misalignment - what would you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up new Model 3 yesterday. I thought everything looked great but this morning noticed this mid alignment of the trunk to the c-pillar on the right side. I’m under 100 miles so putting in a service ticket.

However - the rest of the gaps/seals all around the trunk are perfect, and I’ve heard of people getting something like this adjusted and it just screws up something else. Maybe even making a worse fit somewhere or causing the trunk open close to not work right. I’m debating just living with it, it’s not terrible. What do you all think?

Attachments

• IMG_1876.jpeg
    IMG_1876.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1880.jpeg
    IMG_1880.jpeg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1
I don’t think I’d do anything about that…is it leaking air?
Not leaking air, or water (after a high pressure car wash). I’m sort of leaning to the same. I saw it after a day and got some ocd about it, but have shown the car to a dozen people and nobody else noticed. Have a service appointment scheduled since I wanted to log in before the 100 miles so it’s warranty but I think I’ll just be upfront when I bring it in - “if you have seen this before and can fix it and guarantee all other seals, gaps, etc around the trunk remain as clean as they are, do it. Otherwise I’ll just be on my way”

Not leaking air, or water (after a high pressure car wash). I’m sort of leaning to the same. I saw it after a day and got some ocd about it, but have shown the car to a dozen people and nobody else noticed. Have a service appointment scheduled since I wanted to log in before the 100 miles so it’s warranty but I think I’ll just be upfront when I bring it in - “if you have seen this before and can fix it and guarantee all other seals, gaps, etc around the trunk remain as clean as they are, do it. Otherwise I’ll just be on my way”
Yup, leave good enough alone. I see it, but to me it's not bad at all. Only you and those you point it out to will notice.

Chances are they'll order a part and your car will be on the lot collecting bird poop for a month. Then when the part comes in they'll realize it's the wrong part.