TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

smash repairer recommendations in sydney?

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by coldie, Sep 22, 2016.

1. coldie

coldie Member

Hi guys,

A concrete wall failed to give way and ran into the side of my Tesla, and now I have a scrape/dent that I want to get fixed up.

Has anyone had a good experience (or bad experience) with smash repairers in Sydney?

I know Tesla recommends Exclusive Body Werks in Granville, but it's a bit out of the way for me, so I was hoping for some alternatives on the north shore?

NRMA recommends Gemini Artarmon, but they seem to have a few bad reviews online, and I don't know if they'll do a good job on aluminium panels?

Cheers,
    Carl.

2. TLej

TLej Little-Known Member

So, this isn't a helpful reply and for that I apologise, but I have to say I love the term "smash repairer". Here we call it a body shop (or autobody shop, to some), but smash repairer is much more...visceral. And descriptive.

Best of luck with your repairs, sorry about your misfortune.

Back to your regularly scheduled thread...

• Like x 1
  3. WhiteStar

WhiteStar Member

4. Brian May

Brian May Member

How dare the concrete wall not give way to a Tesla!

(I hear trees also have a tendency to wander out in front of cars)

5. coldie

coldie Member

Thanks WhiteStar, they definitely sound like they give good service. It's the first time I've seen proper testimonials on a website with full letterheads and contact details etc.

6. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

#6 Dborn, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    I can endorse NSC. We have had quite a bit of work done by them over the years. Avik is the owner.
    I will be getting them to spray my aftermarket new bumper bar when it finally arrives. Not cheap but they do good work. Bear in mind that Audi also are aluminium, and they do a lot of work on them. However, if new panels are required, I don't know if Tesla will supply a non approved shop.... Tesla WILL supply you personally though, so that may be a work around.
    Also, there is nothing fancy about how the panels are put together. Industry standard. Having pulled off the front bumper bar, it mostly all just clicks together with the occasional bolt thrown in.

7. alpal

alpal Member

Body shop hey? I'll have two to go please. ;)

• Like x 1
  8. coldie

coldie Member

Thanks Dborn. I took the car into NSC yesterday to get it inspected and they seem very professional and knowledgeable and thorough. Only downside is that they need to have the car for 12 days to fix the damage. But they do provide a free loan car, which makes up for it.

9. ShockOnT

ShockOnT Quickish

Hope it goes well, coldie.
    Also I hope to never need this info myself :eek: although Artarmon is handy.