Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Smoke when charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Im at the telsa supercharger and just noticed smoke coming out of the front of the car near the headlights.

I got out but seemed to stop has anyone witnessed this?

Also for the fastest charging is it best to use the ccs charger or the standard charger?

I would be reporting that to Tesla ASAP. I certainly wouldn't be using the car (especially charging it) until it was fully checked out by Tesla.

You know the old saying, no smoke etc... But of course, it may not have been smoke.

So no, I have never witnessed this.

edit - I just got offered this as a similar thread. Hopefully a similar issue but I would let Tesla make that call.

Reactions: M3noob
I was at an ionity charger last week and it was a cold/mild night and had exactly the same thing. It was odourless and just like a condensation that came out the front. I was standing outside the car when it happened and ran to the front.

The fans were going whilst it was charging and just guess it was some sort of heat dispersal. Driven at least 500 miles since and all been fine

There might be a trend forming that heat pump cars are more likely to experience this steam, given certain weather conditions. Several reports from Model Y owners as well.

Tesla have been constantly tweaking the heat pump. Last year were many reports of a "breathing" bass sound which seems to have been resolved and now there are reports of steam.

I had the following done last week when I had the car in for some rattles.

9D8A2D57-E13D-4377-929E-5F7178E50B81.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Dangerous Fish